Author Topic: The Gravy Train Rolls On  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Gravy Train Rolls On
« on: September 05, 2008, 11:27:34 AM »
Saw this on ABC last night. Thought it was well done.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5732066
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Gravy Train Rolls On
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »
Thanks for that Ted.  It was especially aggravating to watch with the RNC still in town.  I have not enjoyed having the convention here in the Twin Cities.  St. Paul has been basically off limits.   

Here's a special thumbs down the drunken, arrogant Republican louts who are infesting the local bars and the knuckle dragging protesters who go beyond free speech in to the realm of pointless destruction. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 12:45:38 PM »
Thanks for that Ted.  It was especially aggravating to watch with the RNC still in town.  I have not enjoyed having the convention here in the Twin Cities.  St. Paul has been basically off limits.   

Here's a special thumbs down the drunken, arrogant Republican louts who are infesting the local bars and the knuckle dragging protesters who go beyond free speech in to the realm of pointless destruction. 

I want to know where all these "Anarchists" popped up from.  When I think "Anarchists" I think poor punk rockers.  How did they afford to stay in the area and not work?!?!

Ill have to watch the video later Ted.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 02:37:49 PM »

I want to know where all these "Anarchists" popped up from.  When I think "Anarchists" I think poor punk rockers.  How did they afford to stay in the area and not work?!?!

Ill have to watch the video later Ted.

Switch the word "anarchists" with "operatives" and you've got your answer.

I love how each candidate lied through their pearly whites about lobbyists while the river of gravy was flowing all about them at both conventions.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 03:19:07 PM »
I love how each candidate lied through their pearly whites about lobbyists while the river of gravy was flowing all about them at both conventions.

Sort of how they are each calling for no dirty politicking while their respective staffs/aides hurl mud liek it going out of style.  But McCain & Obama are above it.  Right.   ::)

Too bad this sells as reform to those people who think reality shows are real.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues