Author Topic: Lakers do not match GS offer for Ronnie  (Read 3677 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Lakers do not match GS offer for Ronnie
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »
I don't claim to know the Lakers offered to match behind closed doors.  But you and WoW don't know either.

We do know cause he's playing in Golden State stupid!  :D  Take the "closed door" crap and run it by your "inside source".  ::)

I claim to know you don't know shyte!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 10:38:52 AM »
The Lakers did not offer to match.  The GS deal was on the table.  Everyone, including us fans, knew about it.  They didn't even flex at the idea because it was out of their range.
  How do you know this?  Turiafs negotiations came before Sashas.  At that point the Lakers did have cap space.
I don't claim to know the Lakers offered to match behind closed doors.  But you and WoW don't know either.  It might have been all about playing time.  And to be sure it's his choice.  If Golden can get healthy who knows what they can do in 2009 playoffs.

Because Mitch Kupcheck said they were not going to match?

The Lakers have cap space FOR THIS UPCOMING SEASON.  However they have a number of contracts that will be coming up in the next 2-3 years that include Andrew Bynum.  Now if they have to let go of a few guys to keep him I think we all would agree that is ok.  I love Turiaf to death.  I really do enjoy seeing him on my favorite team and what he brings.  However he is not an Andrew Bynum heh

Like I said to you earlier in the thread.  The Lakers had 2 people ahead of Ronnie for both positions that he can play.  There is literally 4 guys who would play the PF or C position before him.  The Lakers signed Sasha because they don't have an abundance of outside threats.  It's Kobe, Fish, and Sasha.  That's it.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 10:50:11 AM »
Then why did Mitch say it was such a tough, close, agonizing decision?

17 mil over 4 years is not huge bank.  Now if you want to argue they already blew their money on Radman and Walton, well okay.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 10:52:15 AM »
I don't claim to know the Lakers offered to match behind closed doors.  But you and WoW don't know either.

We do know cause he's playing in Golden State stupid!  :D  Take the "closed door" crap and run it by your "inside source".  ::)

If the Lakers offered it behind closed doors then Turiaf had to take it.  -your logic.
Keep your weak twisting crap comming.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 11:03:26 AM »

If the Lakers offered it behind closed doors then Turiaf had to take it.  -your logic.
Keep your weak twisting crap comming.

No stupid, "closed door" stuff is not worth dicussing.  Why don't we play Super Hero vs Super Hero fights?  Stupid, end of discussion here as well.

I still claim to know you don't know shyte!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:15:05 AM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 11:03:32 AM »
Then why did Mitch say it was such a tough, close, agonizing decision?

17 mil over 4 years is not huge bank.  Now if you want to argue they already blew their money on Radman and Walton, well okay.

Because everyone in this city likes and appreciates what Ronnie Turiaf does here.  His enthusiasm is nice to see.   Especially since we have had our fair share of premadonnas since the late 90s.

We already know they blew money on Radman.  I said that the day that deal was announced.  However there are plenty of reasons for the Lakers not to match. I've given you 3 or 4 solid reasons.  Pau Gasol and Bynum both will need money thrown there way in the next few years.  If guys like Ronnie and such have to go, so be it.  That's part of the game.

Reality it makes no sense that the Lakers offered him this secret deal behind doors but then turn around and not match then release a statement saying they were going to not match.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »
Reality it makes no sense that the Lakers offered him this secret deal behind doors but then turn around and not match then release a statement saying they were going to not match.

Correction wk, Reality makes NO sense.  He's just being stupid again, it's better to just ignore him again.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 02:59:47 PM »
Not entirely.  I think playing time was 95% the issue and cash was only 5%.
As to WoWspout, westkoast you know the NBA players have this thing called endorsements.  If the Collusionists were able to get another title or two with Ronny on the roster, I'll bet his endorsment money combined with his Laker salary would at least equal his Golden State money.  Probably exceed.

Ronnys Tunisian Restraunts.  Endorsed by visiting Skandery. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »
Not entirely.  I think playing time was 95% the issue and cash was only 5%.
As to WoWspout, westkoast you know the NBA players have this thing called endorsements.  If the Collusionists were able to get another title or two with Ronny on the roster, I'll bet his endorsment money combined with his Laker salary would at least equal his Golden State money.  Probably exceed.

Ronnys Tunisian Restraunts.  Endorsed by visiting Skandery. 

Ronnie has a weird accent, he looks different, and he would be a bench warmer....who exactly is knocking down the door to pay him to endorse their product?

Could you point me to all those commercials and endorsement deals Ron Harper got while playing the starting point guard position for the Lakers the year they won the title.  I'll wait...

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 03:33:14 PM »
Could you point me to all those commercials and endorsement deals Ron Harper got while playing the starting point guard position for the Lakers the year they won the title.  I'll wait...
Glad you brought up Ron Harper.  Perfect fit.
Harper's Cliffs Notes for All the Young Fellas Trying to Find Their Way: No. 1 -- ''Be on a very good basketball team.'' No. 2 -- ''Don't think about 'I' first. Think about team, because you can make all the cash and still won't be that happy. The name of the game is definitely to win basketball games.''
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F04E6DB1731F936A25755C0A9679C8B63

Yes i will get back to you with the complete list of endorsements Harper got.  For openers, "Nails That Will WoW You", a beauty salon chain in West Hollywood owned by Harper and managed by WoW did fantastic.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:34:51 PM by Reality »

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 03:55:17 PM »
I think playing time was 95% the issue and cash was only 5%.

What are you basing that on? Do have insider info?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 04:03:36 PM »
 :D ;)  No.  While i do have Spurs insiders with locker room access etc, I don't have any "for a fact" Laker news on this Turiaf reup and stated so since the op.  I base it on what Mitch said along with GSs 4 years 17 mil not being all that much for Daddy Lakerbucks.  Merely a possiblility that the Lakes offered nearly as much or who knows, maybe the same as when it came down to Sashy vs Ronny with one of them having to go, maybe at the time of the Ronny negotiations they were 50/50 on who that would be.