Author Topic: Iguodala interviewed by slam  (Read 2777 times)

jemagee

Iguodala interviewed by slam
« on: August 02, 2008, 11:12:32 AM »
So Slam was at EA's motion capture day with NBA players and one of them was iguodala and they did a mini interview of a sort

SLAM: When you play these games, do you always use Philly?

Andre Iguodala: I play a little bit with the Sixers, but not really. When I play against some of my friends we all have different teams we play with and we just o kind of like a league: you pick different teams and then you play.

SLAM: Did you think you?d be in this spot at this point in the summer with  your contract?

AI: No I didn?t.

SLAM: Is it frustrating?

AI: It?s not frustrating because last year I went through it with the extension, so that got to me. It?s just understanding the process of going through some stuff that you really don?t want to go through. You hear some things you don?t want to hear. There are some disagreements, so my whole things is just being ready for next season no matter what and just being ready to play ball. Other than that I?m cool.

SLAM: Do you expect to be back in Philly?

AI: That was the plan form the beginning but anything can happen. We?ll continue to talk with the team and my agent is trying to get something done. My whole thing is let him get it done and I don?t have to worry about that stress.

SLAM: If you?re back in Philly, what do you think it?ll be like with Elton Brand there?

AI: I think if they bring me back I think we?ll be a great team, we?ll have a chance to get to the Finals. I?m being realistic. Last year I said we?d get to the playoffs. I said that on media day, first day and they were like you?re supposed to say that, and I said no, we?re really getting to the playoffs and they didn?t want to hear that.

I feel like we have a shot to get there, especially with Elton. He being an inside guy, we need to throw the ball to him on the blocks and let him do his thing down there.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Iguodala interviewed by slam
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 11:33:20 AM »
Iguodala at least shows a food knowledge of how you win on the court.

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 11:38:13 AM »
Iguodala at least shows a food knowledge of how you win on the court.

Bacon?  Everythings better with bacon

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 11:41:05 AM »
I never realized  that "good" and "food" are just a keystroke apart.

I just had breakfast, but there's always room for bacon.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 11:42:04 AM »
I never realized  that "good" and "food" are just a keystroke apart.

I just had breakfast, but there's always room for bacon.

right next to the jello?

Hell, I saw chocolate covered bacon on dinner impossible and it seemed everyone loved it.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 01:54:04 PM »
I'm not sure what to make of the interview. On one hand, he says just about all of the right things. On the other hand, he seems to be somewhat open to not being back on the Sixers' next season. I guess you have to mentally prepare yourself for that possibility as a free agent though.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 02:40:28 PM »
I'm not sure what to make of the interview. On one hand, he says just about all of the right things. On the other hand, he seems to be somewhat open to not being back on the Sixers' next season. I guess you have to mentally prepare yourself for that possibility as a free agent though.

He sounds like he has been well coached by his agent to say something, yet nothing.