Author Topic: Jazz match Okies' offer for CJ Miles  (Read 3681 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jazz match Okies' offer for CJ Miles
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 04:09:30 PM »
We all don't know what motivates Boozer to say if he will stay or if he will go.  One thing is for certain though....

He has the best chance of winning with the Utah Jazz.  Just because the Blazers and Lakers are on the rise does not mean Utah has no shot.  There are so many things that could happen that it would be crazy to say Utah will continue to always lose some of the WC teams.

I for one don't expect Derek Fisher to be able to do to Deron what he did this past year in the playoffs.  That was a huge key for the Lakeshow.  With the Lakers slowly moving from Fisher to Farmar (who couldn't guard Deron if Ron Artest and him switched souls) that is a MAJOR advantage for Utah.  I don't think that it is crazy to say that, that advantage could push the Jazz past the Lakers.  Maybe I am too much of a Deron Williams fan boy but I do believe he is able to take over games if given the chance.  I saw him do it in the playoffs the past two years so it's not a stretch by anymeans.

Ill return later to finish this up.....
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 04:11:19 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »
The jazz seem to be talking an awful lot of crap about CJ Miles this off season

I missed those sound bytes. What have you heard? It seems strange that they'd bad-mouth him and then sign him to a fairly expensive contract.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 06:18:54 PM »
Adrian Dantley?  I remember him doing just fine until the Pistons traded him.  Maybe I have the order of Dantley's teams mixed up?

You're right, he did just fine with the Pistons. He was 30 when the Jazz traded him, and his scoring average dropped 8 points in his first year, but that's understandable considering the change of teams. He never did get close to dominating the way he did with Utah and he went down in just about every category.

Went back and looked at a few of the names I mentioned, and I was off base on a couple. Jeff Malone had two good years after the Jazz. And it appears that Jay Humphries was on his way downhill, and fell off the cliff after the Jazz.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 11:21:57 AM »
I like the idea of keeping Miles.

As for the Jazz "talking trash" about him, I'd say he brought it on himself.  If you're a back-up and near non-roster player, you need to be playing in the summer league and improving your game.  Miles came into camp last year out-of-shape.  An in-shape miles MIGHT have challenged Brewer for the starting spot.  And apparently, he learned nothing from that, and is doing it again this year.

I like the talent;  I'm not sure about the head.  But Utah has to develop something more if it's seriously going to compete for a championship.  A strong Miles would help, and the potential to trade him and Milsap, who we may not be able to keep, for a difference-making veteran might prove useful.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 11:26:49 AM »
If you're a back-up and near non-roster player, you need to be playing in the summer league and improving your game.

If you're a restricted free agent who doesn't have a contract yet you might want to avoid putting yoruself in a situation where you might cause yourself a season/career ending injury.

Willie Green would have cost himself some money by injurying himself before signing an agreed upon (verbally contract) but then again Billy King was an idiot.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »
So what was his excuse LAST year?

Doing it once and hurting your reputation is bad, but doing it twice - contract year or not - makes you look lazy.  That's not the way to make a good impression. 
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
Well, is it just that he didn't go to the NBDL or did he sit on his ass all summer...there are other, and as far as i'm concerned much more productive, ways for a player to work on their game than one week playing with mostly NBDL competition