Author Topic: With Brand- A Change in the Sixer's Uptempo/Attacking Style?  (Read 8168 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: With Brand- A Change in the Sixer's Uptempo/Attacking Style?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 07:33:52 PM »
Is there any possibility that when they trap defensively, they put Brand as the lone man back and have Sam come out on the trap? Just putting it out there based on Brands defensive skills and shotblocking ability.

I would think both Sam and Brand would be back on the trap.  The trap is ussually on the wings with the 1,2,3.  On full court traps either Brand of Sam could play center field, with the other all the way back.  Both are pretty quick, but I would trust Brands defensive instincts better.  Both could protect the cup well.  Sam is the better shot cblocker, but is also more likely to pick up a foul.

jemagee

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 07:37:54 PM »
Wouldn't sam be more likely to foul someone if he was otut there in the trap

I would hope with brands ability, more zone would be possible so that sam would be less likely to get in foul trouble

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 08:09:47 PM »
Sam did a much better job on cutting down on fouls last year.  I think he might have some problem initially as Iguodala and Young have to adjust to guarding smaller players at their new positions, but I doubt Sam will revert back to where he is always in foul trouble.

Also, Sam now can switch over to the easier cover when he gets in foul trouble.  Brand can cover PF's and C's just like Sam (but probably better in many cases.)