Author Topic: OT - PS3 now has movie rental and buy service...  (Read 4625 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT - PS3 now has movie rental and buy service...
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 07:16:41 PM »
I never played drinking games until after I was old enough to drink...now that is funny how that works.  We use to just drink 40oz while skating behind places.  I didn't even play my first game of 'flip cup' until last year when I was in North Carolina visiting my GF on a project.

When you're young drinking is about getting drunk, I think that's where drinking games come from.  I remember 40 ozers, Old English, St Ides and Mickey's...BARF!  Back in the day they were only 2 bucks so that's why we bought them, heck back in the day you had to make 5 to 10 bucks last a whole Friday night. I miss the good old days...  :'(

I do miss the good ole days too...until I remember junk like taking shots of everclear...bleh!

we used to get into this one bar when we were 18 and hang out towards the back of the bar, they didn't card at the door, and the waitress would not ID, so we would stay there all night and drink, listen to Steve Jordan play his music.  those were good times.

A friends dad own a bar and we could drink there but at 1.75 a bottle, friend prices btw, we were there once in a purple moon.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 09:33:49 AM »
I never played drinking games until after I was old enough to drink...now that is funny how that works.  We use to just drink 40oz while skating behind places.  I didn't even play my first game of 'flip cup' until last year when I was in North Carolina visiting my GF on a project.

When you're young drinking is about getting drunk, I think that's where drinking games come from.  I remember 40 ozers, Old English, St Ides and Mickey's...BARF!  Back in the day they were only 2 bucks so that's why we bought them, heck back in the day you had to make 5 to 10 bucks last a whole Friday night. I miss the good old days...  :'(

We kinda had no choice on what we drank as the korean  liqour store only had King Cobra, Mickeys, Old E, and then 22s of Corona lol.    One 40 oz + Burrito from Del Taco... 3 bucks.  How can you beat that?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 11:40:41 PM »

We kinda had no choice on what we drank as the korean  liqour store only had King Cobra, Mickeys, Old E, and then 22s of Corona lol.    One 40 oz + Burrito from Del Taco... 3 bucks.  How can you beat that?

OMG!  How could I forget King Cobra!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:24:23 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 09:20:17 PM »
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/playstation-2-component-incites-african-war/1231745
In part:
At the center of the conflict is the unrefined metallic ore, coltan. After processing, coltan turns into a powder called tantalum, which is used extensively in a wealth of western electronic devices including cell phones, computers and, of course, game consoles.

Allegedly, the demand for coltan prompted Rwandan military groups and western mining companies to plunder hundreds of millions of dollars worth of the rare metal, often by forcing prisoners-of-war and even children to work in the country's coltan mines.

"Kids in Congo were being sent down mines to die so that kids in Europe and America could kill imaginary aliens in their living rooms," said Ex-British Parliament Member Oona King.

So where's the connection to Sony? According to Toward Freedom, during the 2000 launch of the PS2, the electronics giant was having trouble meeting consumer demand. To pump out more units, Sony required a significant increase in the production of electric capacitors, which are primarily made with tantalum. This helped drive the world price of the powder from $49/pound to a whopping $275/pound, resulting in the frenzied scouring of the Congolese hills known for being ripe with coltan.