Author Topic: RUMOR: Clippers to go after Andre Igs??? TAKE THAT SIXERS!  (Read 4901 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: RUMOR: Clippers to go after Andre Igs??? TAKE THAT SIXERS!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 12:00:33 PM »
Summer league isn't exactly the most telling of anything either.

Just ask John Salmons and that Euro dude for GSW, Bellinari?

I would agree in regards to how good a player looks because you are going up against mostly non-NBA level talent so a player might look better than he really is in the NBA.  But when you don't look good against that level of talent I don't expect them to do much against NBA level talent.  Again, I did not see much of him because he did not get the ball much, only saw a couple of good moves from him so I think he could be a solid 3.  He just wasn't the body nor style of play I expected from someone who's going to pull Prince off of Igs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 12:17:23 PM »
Well based on my viewings and readings of the vegas summer league, your opinion on thaddeus young is rather, shall we say, contrary.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 12:29:03 PM »
Well based on my viewings and readings of the vegas summer league, your opinion on thaddeus young is rather, shall we say, contrary.

I saw maybe 10 minutes of the guy, usually that's enough for me to guage a player but since, as I already stated, durring those 10 minutes he did not even get the ball, I can't make a call on that guy.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 12:31:56 PM »
He isn't a wide body.  his natural position isn't a 4 (although that's what he played last year).  That doesn't mean his ability to finish down low isn't good, and his length would be too much for RIP to contest.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 12:39:38 PM »
He isn't a wide body.  his natural position isn't a 4 (although that's what he played last year).  That doesn't mean his ability to finish down low isn't good, and his length would be too much for RIP to contest.

He does have good length and I saw a move to the basket where he finished his shot up really high above the rim.  He reminds me of Marion a little bit.  Finess but I didn't see many skilled moves from the guy, that is a Marion in a nutshell yet Marion continues to be a top producer with limited game.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 02:04:07 PM »
He's not the athletic freak Marion is.  He doesn't get off the ground like that.  He's also not the defensive rebounder that Marion is.

Right now he's got two problems:
1) His handles.  Last year they were downright terrible.  They're now good enough that if he's in the open court and he keeps it simple, he won't turn the ball over.  But he's got a whole lot of work to go if he wants to be able to create his own shot regularly without turning the ball over. 
2) Outside shot.  Wildly inconsistent. 

But his first step, body control, and touch around the paint are superb.  His learning curve is also extremely high.  His defensive rotations and movement without the ball last year were as good as I've seen from a 19 year old rookie.  He's very smart (both in IQ and basketball IQ), and is really developing quickly, hustles, and last year really did a good job of playing within himself.  I wouldn't be surprised if in 2009-2010 he's the Sixers second best player.  Not at all.  His deficiencies are correctable with work, and he seems to have the work ethic to improve.  He'll be a good one.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 03:24:39 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if in 2009-2010 he's the Sixers second best player.  Not at all.  His deficiencies are correctable with work, and he seems to have the work ethic to improve.  He'll be a good one.

You think he's going to be better than Igs?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 04:38:18 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if in 2009-2010 he's the Sixers second best player.  Not at all.  His deficiencies are correctable with work, and he seems to have the work ethic to improve.  He'll be a good one.

He could be, he's more of an instincitive scorer and finisher at the basket, Iguodala doesn't isntinctively go to the basket, he's more likely to pass than to shoot, it's probably (to me) one of the biggest weaknesses in his basketball makeup, he doesn't have that mentality, plus while he's improved he's still not a great finished, and his outside shooting needs work.

I'm probably one of the biggest iguodala fans but I acknowledge the flaws in his game and his 'take over' mentality just isn't there, and thad seems to have it, and he seems to be more naturally 'lithely' athletic than Iguodala who is very athletic but more 'strong' athletic than graceful...

both need ball handling help though :)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 04:48:17 PM »

Yes.