Author Topic: The 2009 Draft  (Read 6584 times)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The 2009 Draft
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 02:17:18 PM »
You could get ricky rubio, but you'd need a baseball bat and a set of cojones the size of that dude in major league

As a Van Wilder fan, I thought you were going to reference the cajones on the bulldog.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 02:19:41 PM »
Or those of Charlie #1 from Joe Dirt (though they were stretched a bit)

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 02:25:09 PM »
He's a lottery pick, high lottery projection, i was talking about the bat you'd have to take to various sixer players (and the dude running the lottery) so the sixers would  be in position to draft him

jemagee

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 02:25:36 PM »
You could get ricky rubio, but you'd need a baseball bat and a set of cojones the size of that dude in major league

As a Van Wilder fan, I thought you were going to reference the cajones on the bulldog.

I've been a ryan reynolds (and nathan fillion actually) fan since the pizza place days

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 02:27:35 PM »
Yeah I have no dillusions that we will get him. I just think he looks like a nice player

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »
I've been a ryan reynolds (and nathan fillion actually) fan since the pizza place days

I've liked Reynolds since the Pizza days as well, but he's done a lot of really average films. What are your thoughts on "Waiting..."??

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 02:31:41 PM »
I love waiting actually, i love movies like that, big justin long fan as wel, accepted/galaxy quest.

Ryan Reynolds kicking vampire ass  of that WWE guy is like b movie gold, it's GOLD jerry

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 02:34:19 PM »
I really loved "Waiting..." when it came out and then I re-watched it last week and I've come to the conclusion that the writer/director, Rob McKittrick, watched all of Kevin Smith's movies before writing that script.

Also... you said earlier that you don't think Dane Cook is funny (you are correct) but the man supplies some solid lines in "Waiting...".

Welcome to Thunderdome, Bitch!

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 02:42:48 PM »
Solid lines devliered in Waiting by dane cook are to be credited to the writer (writers in general don't get enough credit or blame when a movie is good or bad, it all starts wityh the script)

Have you seen accepted?  Sure it tries to be a new animal house and it's not that great, but it's got some great stuff

"Yeah, in HUMAN dollars"
"I'm working with some very unstable HERBS"
"I wanna blow 'stuff' up with my mind"

Plus, after studio 60, big columbus short fan (and yes i saw stomp the yard, it's no drumline but it ain't half bad)