Author Topic: Hey ziggy, Mauer's looking good already.  (Read 1262 times)

jn

Hey ziggy, Mauer's looking good already.
« on: April 06, 2004, 12:31:33 AM »
Two singles and two walks.  I think two runs as well.  

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 12:42:44 AM »
It is only one game, but I am thrilled.  I just got my MLB Extra Innings Package, and got see part of the game.  He looks good, and everything I have read is he is the #1 candidate for ROY.  I got him late, in fact I was the last team to select a catcher, and I think I got a steal.  I believe he will be a top 10 catcher this year, and I got him in the 18th round.  That allowed me to pick better players and not get caught up in picking a catcher to early.

A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 12:49:54 AM »
BTW jn, I just finished a swap for another Twin.  I picked up the Reds closer off the FA list, and then swapped him for Johan Santana.  I am totally pumped with that deal as well.  I think Santana is one of the best "unknown" pitchers in baseball.  He has great stuff, throws bb's, and has surprisingly good control.  I really expect a big year from him, and if he can perform, Torii Hunter comes back (which I think he will), the Twins will be very difficult to beat in the AL Central.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 09:39:46 AM »
Lets go dodgers!#!@$!@#  <_<  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 10:14:24 AM »
Dodgers are going nowhere this year, especially with these new idiot owners!!!!!
Dan