Author Topic: Two other hirings.  (Read 1162 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Two other hirings.
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »
In addition to Del Negro with the Bulls, the Suns have hired Terry Porter and the Pistons hired Michael Curry.   I know Curry was immensely respected by his peers while a player but I have doubts he will get the Pistons back to the Finals.   Much as I love TP I don't envy him.  The Suns have big egos and a closing window.  If nothing else, he will hopefully follow Flip's style and not  D'Antoni by actually playing  young guys.  Frankly I don't see what other option he has. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Two other hirings.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 01:23:34 PM »
Ironically i think its newbie Del Negro who has a good mid range shot.  (2-3 years) after the Bulls #1 pick this year they should only get better and have a bunch of young players.  Reinsdorf says the Bulls will entertain trade offers for #1.  Of course any team with the #1 would and should at least listen, and i think that is what Reinsdorf means. 

The Spurs I'm told will not part with any of the Big 3 on any terms.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Two other hirings.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 02:41:22 PM »
Ironically i think its newbie Del Negro who has a good mid range shot.  (2-3 years) after the Bulls #1 pick this year they should only get better and have a bunch of young players.  Reinsdorf says the Bulls will entertain trade offers for #1.  Of course any team with the #1 would and should at least listen, and i think that is what Reinsdorf means. 

The Spurs I'm told will not part with any of the Big 3 on any terms.

I'd agree with you if I didn't think there was something majorily wrong with the Bulls organization.  How did it take them so long to name a coach?  Plus one with 0 experience.   After the whole Doug Collins thing I think I have a better understanding of maybe why D'Antoni did not want to go there.

Rumor has it the Bulls want to give up the #1 pick and others for Wade.....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com