Author Topic: Why was Barry sat with 4 min to go?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Why was Barry sat with 4 min to go?
« on: May 27, 2008, 11:34:59 PM »

que Laker parrots to say
"he needed a rest" -(just had a two minute timeout and only played 27 minutes all told).  Instead Pops love affair with injured Manu continued.  Also Tony (42 minutes) taking long jumpshots when Bowen was hot and Barry was on fire.

"Pops won 4 titles."  (That's nice.  He's lost 8  )  Phil is 9 for 12 and once again Pop is Phils bitty.

Also nice play by The Black Mumble to try to go hero and shoot with plenty of time on the shot clock.  That would have been classic had not Joey Crawford and crew bailed him out.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:26:18 AM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Why was Barry sat with 4 min to go?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 11:48:11 PM »
Finally Reality sees that it's SubParManu NOT SuperManu.  Showing up 25% of the time is Luke Walton territory.  I wonder if the Spurs go for a Walton for Manu trade with MBenga thrown in to help TD out since Flabs is pretty useless.

wk, we need to work on this trade for Manu so Sasha can get a rest in the 2nd quarter of games.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:41:37 AM »
Finally Reality sees that it's SubParManu NOT SuperManu.  Showing up 25% of the time is Luke Walton territory.  I wonder if the Spurs go for a Walton for Manu trade with MBenga thrown in to help TD out since Flabs is pretty useless.

wk, we need to work on this trade for Manu so Sasha can get a rest in the 2nd quarter of games.

That works.  If you fuse Manu and Lamar together you MIGHT get a player who plays good for 2 playoff games back to back.  I think the Lakers will need Odonobilli for next year if they hope to continue atop the WC.

I think Barry went out with 4 minutes to make sure he was rested for the final minute or so.  He had been the hottest player but he has also logged heavy minutes in the last two games.  Something that he hasn't done all year.  Playing 20-30 minutes and being the man in two games when you haven't really got off the bench much since March is tough.  It was for a breather and it paid off as Barry made the Lakers pay.

Reality I will have to say that your boy has had an excellent two games and has been the better player then Michael Finley thus far.  Right now they are 1-1 in series when it comes to being that role player who hits key shots.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:51:05 AM »
with playoff elimination on the line you play Barry until he can't hold his hands up.  He played 27 minutes, I'm sure he could have played the last 4 totalling around 30.

Parker on the other hand looked gassed, that is who needed rest.  A few more spells would have done him good, along with not running plays that ended up with him clanking J's.  Several of his drives he was hit tho with no call.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 11:37:40 AM »
Instead Pops love affair with injured Manu continued. 

Okay, at this point I'm confused.  Is Manu hurt or not?  From what I could tell in game 3, he looked fine to me on his way to scoring 30 points.  Same thing happened in the NO series.  It's been a while since I studied regression analysis, but let's see if I can chart this data.  After a good game = not hurt; after a bad game = hurt.   Got it. 

To stay on topic, Brent Barry was the man.  Without him, this game would have been a blow out.  Pop should have never rested him.  Had Pop been smart enough to play him 48 minutes, the Spurs would have won by 20.  Reality, it looks like you were right all along, Bardawg is the key to the Spurs success.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 11:48:51 AM »
To stay on topic, Brent Barry was the man.  Without him, this game would have been a blow out.  Pop should have never rested him.  Had Pop been smart enough to play him 48 minutes, the Spurs would have won by 20.  Reality, it looks like you were right all along, Bardawg is the key to the Spurs success.
Pretty much irrefutable, aye?  BTW, while + - stats are not always indicative of what actually came down, they certainly were last night in Bardawgs case.  What was his + ?
Barry should have most def stayed in the entire last 4 minutes.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 12:05:01 PM »
Parker on the other hand looked gassed, that is who needed rest.  A few more spells would have done him good, along with not running plays that ended up with him clanking J's.  Several of his drives he was hit tho with no call.

Parker on the other hand looked gassed, that is who needed rest.

...that is who needed rest.

LOL! 

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 01:10:50 PM »
Parker needing rest has you giggling like a schoolgirl?
Alrighty.