Author Topic: Who will (and should) Heat draft at #2  (Read 922 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Who will (and should) Heat draft at #2
« on: May 23, 2008, 02:08:22 PM »
Now that the Miami Heat have set their franchise back 10 years for the silly Shaq trade that resulted in a 2006 title, whom should they take at #3?

espn blathering about OJ Mayo to the Heat.  Say he can play the point and that DWade can also handle the ball, even tho Wade is an SG.

Haven't seen enough of Mayo to know.  Anyone think he can help the Heat?

Or would you stick with Rose or Beasly?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who will (and should) Heat draft at #2
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 03:49:12 PM »
If you have a chance to get Rose and you need a PG why the hell would you take Mayo?

No way Mayo cracks top 2.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 04:30:32 PM »
If you have a chance to get Rose and you need a PG why the hell would you take Mayo?

Mayo makes the top two only if Beasley falls to 3.    ;)

But if the Heat have to choose between Mayo and Beasley why would they pass on the frontcourt player?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 05:07:43 PM »

Mayo makes the top two only if Beasley falls to 3.    ;)

But if the Heat have to choose between Mayo and Beasley why would they pass on the frontcourt player?

Why would Beasley fall to 3?  Both teams with the top two picks need a big man in the post who can score.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 08:09:01 PM »
Go with best player available, and that would be either Rose or Beasley.  I think Rose is the next great PG, right on par with Paul, DWilliams.  If I am Chicago I take Rose, and try and swap Hinrich for other talent.  If Beasley is available at #2, the Pat Riley should/will take him.  OJ Mayo may well fall to #5.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil