Author Topic: Derek and Rick - Good news from Peter Vescey  (Read 917 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Derek and Rick - Good news from Peter Vescey
« on: May 20, 2008, 08:40:35 AM »
I say that with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Sixers may make a run at Zach Randolph.

"Judging by what sources decline to say, instincts tell me Mark Jackson is the Bulls' front-runner. Then again, by the time minds are made up, he figures to be coaching the Suns in the Las Vegas Summer League.

If Cheeks stays put, look for him to pester Philly's president to acquire Zach Randolph, who has the goods to provide everything the ahead-of-schedule Sixers are offensively lacking in the low docks. Contrary to common belief, Cheeks and Randolph had great respect for each other in Portland. "  Peter Vecsey
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 08:43:45 AM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Derek and Rick - Good news from Peter Vescey
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 05:39:46 PM »
That's bad news as far as Philly fans are concerned.  We think Zach Randolph is a Cancer that would only hurt team chemistry.

There are a number of free-agent PF's that the Sixers will have a shot at, if we could get a health Brand that would be great, but even a Josh Smith from the Hawks would elevate the Sixers to competetive playoff status.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Re: Derek and Rick - Good news from Peter Vescey
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:04:59 PM »
The bad: rumor that Cheeks wants Randolph
The good: the rumor came from Vecsey

I'm not worried.