Author Topic: Should Kobe sit out game 6?  (Read 2001 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Should Kobe sit out game 6?
« on: May 15, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
I remember Larry Brown did that with AI one year, I think it was the year they went to the finals.  Sat him out to get rest so IF there was a deciding game AI would be healthy.

IMO it might be a good idea.  The refs will NOT allow the Lakers to win in Utah, that and the moving basket durring Laker free throws, so why not heal him up for a game 7?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Should Kobe sit out game 6?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 11:46:24 AM »
Kobe won't have it and I don't think you take a gamble that big because anything can happen.

AI was really banged up that year.  As bad or worse then Kobe is currently so it would make sense if he did.  I just don't see it happening.  With out Kobe being out there Odom doesn't continue his outstanding play because he gets shifted back into that 2 scoring option spot he struggles with.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:13:19 PM »
IMO it might be a good idea.  The refs will NOT allow the Lakers to win in Utah, that and the moving basket durring Laker free throws, so why not heal him up for a game 7?

That's not sarcasm folks. WoW really believes what he's saying here.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »
No way would they PJ (or any sane coach) basically concede a game and let the series go to a game  7.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 01:13:18 PM »

I now truely understand the frustration JoldMal felt durring the 2002 WC Finals.  Not only are the refs not calling ANYTHING in the Lakers favor but they have some hydrualic do-hickey that moves the basket when the Lakers are trying to shot their FT when the get the one foul call in a blue moon that sends them to the line.  How else do you explain the Lakers missing the game WINNING free throws?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »
Rickortreat has just lost the title of "Mini-Me."

Reality has a new disciple, and WoW has a new master.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 02:54:58 PM »

I now truely understand the frustration JoldMal felt durring the 2002 WC Finals.  Not only are the refs not calling ANYTHING in the Lakers favor but they have some hydrualic do-hickey that moves the basket when the Lakers are trying to shot their FT when the get the one foul call in a blue moon that sends them to the line.  How else do you explain the Lakers missing the game WINNING free throws?

I think I finally get it!!!! You're mocking jOLDmal aren't you? You aren't really this much of a crying little girl are you? Come on WOW, please tell me you're the big tough Vato we all thought you were and all this crying about the officiating is a less than subtle swipe at Mr. Bitter and we were all heretofore just too obtuse to pick up on it! Please?
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 03:00:01 PM »
I think I finally get it!!!! You're mocking jOLDmal aren't you? You aren't really this much of a crying little girl are you? Come on WOW, please tell me you're the big tough Vato we all thought you were and all this crying about the officiating is a less than subtle swipe at Mr. Bitter and we were all heretofore just to obtue to pick up on it! Please?

Despite all the rose colored calls against the Lakers they have no one to blame but themselves and the moving basket when they shot FT's.  Kings curse.

::) 

MAY 12th!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:05:53 PM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 03:04:41 PM »
I think I finally get it!!!! You're mocking jOLDmal aren't you? You aren't really this much of a crying little girl are you? Come on WOW, please tell me you're the big tough Vato we all thought you were and all this crying about the officiating is a less than subtle swipe at Mr. Bitter and we were all heretofore just too obtuse to pick up on it! Please?

I want to post "ob' tuse Brute" to Ted, but I am not a big fan of Roman history.  Looking for some Mormon smack to throw at Mr. Multiples.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 03:11:24 PM »
"By the way Marge, I was being sarcastic!"

I'm just glad it wasn't manopause.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 03:21:07 PM »
"By the way Marge, I was being sarcastic!"

I'm just glad it wasn't manopause.

I think my reaction to the Lakers/Jazz series had as much to do with the conflict in the middle east as it did with the refs.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 04:12:34 PM »
I think my reaction to the Lakers/Jazz series had as much to do with the conflict in the middle east as it did with the refs.

Ditto!

:D
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."