Author Topic: What do the Pop Lovers say now?  (Read 2829 times)

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What do the Pop Lovers say now?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »
Hey westkoast, yeah, I bought them this year, I do every year.  I split them 3 ways, so I get every third game (went to Sunday's).  

Here's how it works.  

You have the option to buy your seats for the playoffs.  If you don't by a certain deadline, they sell them to those on the waiting list for season tix.   If you do buy them, you have to buy all 16 games as if the Lakers have home court and go 7 games in each series.  Any unused tickets get credited to your account for the next regular season's tickets.  

Discount?!?   :D   I wish!

The playoff ticks are more expenisive.  Round 1 starts off more expensive than the regular season, and then the face value goes up incrementally for each series.  I haven't checked, but I think the % increase per series went way up this year.  Dr. Buss knows he'll be facing a huge luxury tax and the revenue genrated from the playoffs is obviously how he'll pay for it.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 01:25:47 PM »
Have you and Cousin Lurker even bought seats for Gm 3 or 4?
Last night the Gm 3 had not even sold out yet, 1000 seats remained. :-[

This is hard to believe.  Are there extra seats, or standing room only that they wait to release until the 11th hour? 
Today i have been out and about so do not have up to the minute info, however as late as late last night there were still good seats available at below face!
As Xs3 posted, sadly it seems in SA, often you can still walk up at gametime, even playoff time and score seats at face or less.  Stub Hub was even below face last night, altho with tax n tip i think it rose to face or above.

Spoiled?  Yes.  New OrL on the other hand is geeked for this series and selling out easily and tics are way above face.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 01:28:37 PM »
Have you and Cousin Lurker even bought seats for Gm 3 or 4?
Last night the Gm 3 had not even sold out yet, 1000 seats remained. :-[

This is hard to believe.  Are there extra seats, or standing room only that they wait to release until the 11th hour? 
Today i have been out and about so do not have up to the minute info, however as late as late last night there were still good seats available at below face!
As Xs3 posted, sadly it seems in SA, often you can still walk up at gametime, even playoff time and score seats at face or less.  Stub Hub was even below face last night, altho with tax n tip i think it rose to face or above.

Spoiled?  Yes.  New OrL on the other hand is geeked for this series and selling out easily and tics are way above face.

That's just the way it is here Reality.  Laid back.  Doesn't matter the event you will have A LOT of last minute peeps coming in.  So even thought sales look sparse at first, events usually turn out really good.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 01:50:04 PM »
Hey westkoast, yeah, I bought them this year, I do every year.  I split them 3 ways, so I get every third game (went to Sunday's).  

Here's how it works.  

You have the option to buy your seats for the playoffs.  If you don't by a certain deadline, they sell them to those on the waiting list for season tix.   If you do buy them, you have to buy all 16 games as if the Lakers have home court and go 7 games in each series.  Any unused tickets get credited to your account for the next regular season's tickets.  

Discount?!?   :D   I wish!

The playoff ticks are more expenisive.  Round 1 starts off more expensive than the regular season, and then the face value goes up incrementally for each series.  I haven't checked, but I think the % increase per series went way up this year.  Dr. Buss knows he'll be facing a huge luxury tax and the revenue genrated from the playoffs is obviously how he'll pay for it.

Ahh okay thanks for the info!  I can't believe you wouldn't get a discount if you were  a season ticket holder and decided to purchase playoff tickets for the entire run.

I was at Sunday's game as well and I paid 65 bucks for a nose bleed ticket in a section I've sat in a few times before.  It was about double for what I think the face value is for regular season tickets in that same spot.  I also have tickets for game 5 but am not sure how much they ended up being as I got them as a "bonus" from work.  They are also in the 200 section as oppose to being up in the rafters.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »
I was at Sunday's game as well and I paid 65 bucks for a nose bleed ticket in a section I've sat in a few times before.  It was about double for what I think the face value is for regular season tickets in that same spot.  I also have tickets for game 5 but am not sure how much they ended up being as I got them as a "bonus" from work.  They are also in the 200 section as oppose to being up in the rafters.
koast was there no opportunity for your doing the old hands full of food and drink and sliding down into the closer 2s?

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 02:04:39 PM »
Ahh okay thanks for the info!  I can't believe you wouldn't get a discount if you were  a season ticket holder and decided to purchase playoff tickets for the entire run.

You have to buy the whole run, no other option.  I always did it even when I knew the Lakers wouldn't do well just because I look at it like I'm paying for a portion of next season.  It's kind of nice to break up the financial "hit".  I wish there was a discount, unfortunatley there are thousands of people waiting in line to pay full price and then some for them.  

Nice!  The 200 section is great.  I started in 216 when Staples first opened.  They're behind the north end basket, just below the Arena Club restaurant.  One nice thing about the Lakers sucking for the past three years is I got a couple of nice upgrades.  This year, I finally got the one I've been waiting for for 8 years .... aisle seats.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 02:07:06 PM »
koast was there no opportunity for your doing the old hands full of food and drink and sliding down into the closer 2s?

No chance at all.  Not because the security guards were doing their job but because the entire place was packed.  Did not see more then one or two empty seats (I was with 3 friends) so we didn't even bother.  Security was pretty laid back at Staples during that game.  I am not quite sure why. 

I used Stubhub to get the tickets last minute, once I realized the Jazz were going to beat Houston last Friday, and it could not have gone any more smooth.  Since it was last minute I had to go pick the tickets up from the Stubhub office in downtown (about 5-7 minutes from Staples Center).  I walked in, showed my ID with CC, they handed me my tickets and I was heading to Staples.  Very good service and I recommend it to anyone trying to get tickets to events.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com