Author Topic: Better game this weekend...Tim Duncan or Chris Paul?  (Read 2971 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Better game this weekend...Tim Duncan or Chris Paul?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 12:42:31 PM »
The best incident between TD and KG was the time they both got T'd up for smacking each other on the butt on the way down court.  Possibly the funniest technical I've ever seen.  They looked like a couple of young siblings goading each other on until a parent stepped in.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 02:46:37 PM »
The best incident between TD and KG was the time they both got T'd up for smacking each other on the butt on the way down court.  Possibly the funniest technical I've ever seen.  They looked like a couple of young siblings goading each other on until a parent stepped in.

I'm referring to the time KG was screaming in TD's ear, they even did a magazine cover mocking the indicent for ESPN or some other sports magazine.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 02:47:16 PM »
Amare is the perfect help defender to the immobility of Shaq in the post WK

no, no, no no . . . NO!

Amare Stoudemire is by all rights in the celestial heavens one of the absolute dumbest, most inane, lazy, STOO-Pigeons in the NBA.  His stupidity is such that it actually HURTS me at a spiritual level watching it from my couch.  Phoenix losing to San Antonio is 1000%, completely and totally Amare Stoudemire's FAULT!  

For all this guys skills, for all his ability, for all his offensive prowess, for his athleticism, for all the fluidity of his incredible talent, the sheer, damn-near audacious stupidity of the man is nigh unfathomable.  How stupid is Amare?  

Suns up by 3, Spurs have to shoot a 3 pointer to tie in regulation.  D'Antoni plays straight up--no foul.  They run Finley (being guarded by Raja) off of Oberto's (being guarded by Dunce McDunceton) screen for the three pointer from the wing.  Class, if you are the defender of Oberto in that situation what do you do?  Correctumundo -- SWITCH!!  You shadow Finley on the screen and put a hand in the air, aggressively contesting the shot without fouling.  What does Amare do?  Watch the pretty orange ball sail through the air and right through the net before a half-hearted attempt at a block out of Oberto.  

Fast forward to the closing minute of overtime.  Phoenix is up (can't remember if its by 1 or by 2), San Antonio (you know the team that actually has a coach) gamely changes how they're playing the pick and roll (THE ONLY BASKETBALL PLAY PHOENIX HAS RUN IN 4 YEARS--D'Antoni that genius!) by sending both defenders at Nash and trapping.  Nash smartly passes to the open Amare who has slid just inside the free throw line (~14 feet).  At this point its 4 on 3 ball, advantage PHX.  Amare has absolutely no one, nobody, nada, within a continental divide of him.  Class, what do you do when you have a wide open 14 foot jumper that you convert at an 85% mark and the shot clock winding down.  Correctumundo --  SHOOT!!  What does Amare do?  Awkwardly bull his way through two San Antonio players to try and lay it up.  The surprised, idiotic look on his face when Kurt Thomas predictably flops to the ground and he is rung up for his 6th foul is a bonus.  

Amare Stoudemire, you are a stupid, stupid man.      
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 02:49:10 PM by Skandery »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 02:49:05 PM »
Amare is the perfect help defender to the immobility of Shaq in the post WK

no, no, no no . . . NO!

Amare Stoudemire is by all rights in the celestial heavens one of the absolute dumbest, most inane, lazy, STOO-Pigeons in the NBA.  His stupidity is such that it actually HURTS me at a spiritual level watching it from my couch.  Phoenix losing to San Antonio is 1000%, completely and totally Amare Stoudemire's FAULT!  

For all this guys skills, for all his ability, for his offensive prowess, for his athleticism, for all the fluidity of his incredible talent, the sheer, damn-near audacious stupidity of the man is nigh unfathomable.  How stupid is Amare?  

Suns up by 3, Spurs have to shoot a 3 pointer to tie in regulation.  D'Antoni plays straight up--no foul.  They run Finley (being guarded by Raja) off of Oberto's (being guarded by Dunce McDunceton) screen for the three pointer from the wing.  Class, if you are the defender of Oberto in that situation what do you do?  Correctumundo -- SWITCH!!  You shadow Finley on the screen and put a hand in the air, aggressively contesting the shot without fouling.  What does Amare do?  Watch the pretty orange ball sail through the air and right through the net before a half-hearted attempt at a block out of Oberto.  

Fast forward to the closing minute of overtime.  Phoenix is up (can't remember if its by 1 or by 2), San Antonio (you know the team that actually has a coach) gamely changes how they're playing the pick and roll (THE ONLY BASKETBALL PLAY PHOENIX HAS RUN IN 4 YEARS--D'Antoni that genius!) by sending both defenders at Nash and trapping.  Nash smartly passes to the open Amare who has slid just inside the free throw line (~14 feet).  At this point its 4 on 3 ball, advantage PHX.  Amare has absolutely no one, nobody, nada, within a continental divide of him.  Class, what do you do when you have a wide open 14 foot jumper that you convert at an 85% mark and the shot clock winding down.  Correctumundo --  SHOOT!!  What does Amare do?  Awkwardly bull his way through two San Antonio players to try and lay it up.  The surprised, idiotic look on his face when Kurt Thomas predictably flops to the ground and he is rung up for his 6th foul is a bonus.  

Amare Stoudemire, you are a stupid, stupid man.      

Classic post  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 03:01:30 PM »
Brilliantly worded Skander my boy, and an assessment I don't disagree with, too bad it didn't address my point about him flourishing overall with Shaq in the post (he has, the numbers don't lie) nor my point about him being part of a 2 big bodies in the post tandem to address Duncan's heretofore ownage of Phoenix in the paint.

Whether you think he is the brightest bulb in the room or not is besides the point, and he certainly isn't stupider than Shaq, or D'Antoni for that matter.
Dan

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2008, 03:24:37 PM »
flourishing overall with Shaq in the post (he has, the numbers don't lie)

Oh, agreed, no doubt.  His numbers have been insane.  In another thread I've stated that Amare has put together his finest season as a pro from a statistical standpoint especially alongside Shaq.  I had an issue with you calling Amare "the perfect help defender" and I don't care what the situation is.  Amare can hardly be called a defender, much less a perfect one.  Four blocks notwithstanding.

====================
Caleb and Joe had told me but I'm sure I'd hear the same from you, jn.  Al Jefferson looked like the second-coming of Chamberlain with Amare guarding him in that game you guys attended.  Am I right?   
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2008, 03:25:59 PM »
Brilliantly worded Skander my boy, and an assessment I don't disagree with, too bad it didn't address my point about him flourishing overall with Shaq in the post (he has, the numbers don't lie) nor my point about him being part of a 2 big bodies in the post tandem to address Duncan's heretofore ownage of Phoenix in the paint.

Whether you think he is the brightest bulb in the room or not is besides the point, and he certainly isn't stupider than Shaq, or D'Antoni for that matter.

He has got much better statistically on his own but the Suns defense has not improved.  Their rebounding has improved but the amount of points they give up, especially to lesser teams, has not.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com