Author Topic: Phillyarena's ANTI-Awards (make your picks)  (Read 1316 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Phillyarena's ANTI-Awards (make your picks)
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:55:02 PM »
Now that we have our picks for all the positive awards I figured we could switch it up and vote for the opposites.

LVP - Least Valuable Player

WCOY - Worst Coach of the Year

Least Improved

Steve Nash award - Least Defensive Player of the Year

Who are your picks?!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Phillyarena's ANTI-Awards (make your picks)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 03:28:53 PM »
Good time to link to this.  Simmons can be a tool but this type of article is exactly what he does well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080415

I agree with Simmons Marbury for Least Valuable.   For worst coach I should of course pick Thomas but for the sake of variety and kicking a man when he's down I'm going with Scott Skiles.

Andreas Bargnini (sp) is my pick for least improved.  He's be shown up by Rasho! I don't care if Rasho is on a contract drive.  That's just incredible, especially considering that Sam Mitchell has made solid players out of guys like Anthony Parker and Jose Calderon who have half the talent of Bargnini.

For the Steve Nash award I'm giving it to the Heat, as a team.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 03:36:56 PM »
Least Valuable Player: Kwame Brown
Least Improved Player: Kwame Brown
WCOY: Thomas
WDPOY: Cassell or Carmello
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »
Least Valuable Player: Kwame Brown
Least Improved Player: Kwame Brown
WCOY: Thomas
WDPOY: Cassell or Carmello

I don't really understand how you can say that Kwame Brown is the least valuable player -- he gained the Lakers Pau Gasol and that makes him VERY valuable in my opinion.  Kwame FINALLY did something right for the Lakers!!!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 03:57:48 PM »
Least Valuable Player - Stephon Marbury has this one locked up.

WCOY - Pat Riley, seriously he put more effort into arguing about Shaq via the media then he did coaching these guys this year.

LDPOY - Eddy Curry

Least Improved - Fabricio Oberto took a step back this year from dominating the league to barely edging out Andrew Bynum on Sunday even though he sat on the bench in street clothes.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 04:36:23 PM »
Least Valuable Player----Kwame Brown, DUH!

Worst Coach-------------Thomas or Avery Johnson, take your pick, Koast I'm asshamed of you for bagging on Riles, that whole mess lies sqarely on Shaq's shoulders

LDPOY-------------------The very overrated never deserved MVP Steve Nash, fitting he gets the inaugural award named after him

Least Improved---------Tough call but I will have to go WOW on this one, Kwame Brown, he keeps this up till he hits coaching staff status and he could sweep!
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 04:47:48 PM »
Least Valuable Player----Kwame Brown, DUH!

Worst Coach-------------Thomas or Avery Johnson, take your pick, Koast I'm asshamed of you for bagging on Riles, that whole mess lies sqarely on Shaq's shoulders

LDPOY-------------------The very overrated never deserved MVP Steve Nash, fitting he gets the inaugural award named after him

Least Improved---------Tough call but I will have to go WOW on this one, Kwame Brown, he keeps this up till he hits coaching staff status and he could sweep!

It hurt me to type it and I do feel the blame falls on Shaq and Wade's injury but......I mean he just straight gave up on them.  Not normally Riley's style.  He got dealt some bad cards but he usually plays until the river.  This time he folded before the turn.