Author Topic: Key Games week April 7 - 13  (Read 915 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Key Games week April 7 - 13
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:50:29 PM »
Tue Utah at New Orleans  either way Spurs gain. :D  Can anyone stop New Orl from the reg season West title?  Lets see if Utah continues to suck on the road.

Wed Phoenix at San Antonio  Lets see if Phx can rebound from Sunday nights 4th qtr clunker getting outscored 27-9 vs Dallas.

Thurs Denver at Golden State  Winner retakes #8 spot temporarily?

Fri Phoenix at Houston  jostling for seeding.
New Orleans at LA Lakers  Will the Flames have Gasol and Bynum in the lineup?
Either way Spurs gain. :D

and next Sunday, San Antonio at LA Lakers.
Maybe we should give that game it's own thread. ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:47:51 AM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Key Games week April 7 - 13
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:52:01 PM »
Eastern
Satarday Philly at Washington
rt will handicap this one for us.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 08:04:42 AM »
The Sixers have Detroit on Wednesday, then Indiana on Friday and Washington on Saturday.

The Sixers are no longer playing as well as they were- they are now only 6-4 over their last 10.  I was very dissapointed in their loss in their second game to the Hawks.  It's not acceptable for them to get outhustled like that, or to face a team that wants it more.  It's one thing to be beaten by a better team, but to allow yourself to get outworked, because you just don't feel like it should get you benched.

Detroit is a better team night in and out, and they are still fighting to keep home-court.  Only Boston has a better record. All WC teams will be starting out as visitors in the finals, provided Boston or Detroit comes out.  Detroit still has to win a few to stay ahead.  Philly could end up playing Detroit, and both teams know it, so I expect them to both come out and try to win it.

Since the game is in Philly and the fans need to see a win, they will provide some motivation. I would hope that the last loss bothers the Sixers enough that they come out and play more like their best game.  Should be a win.  I'll leave the rest of the predictions until after I see that game.  I want the Sixers to get back to playing winning basketball.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 08:28:29 AM »
All WC teams will be starting out as visitors in the finals, provided Boston or Detroit comes out.  Detroit still has to win a few to stay ahead. 
New Orl is only a game back of Det.  Who wins the tiebreaker?
Spurs and Lakers are 2 1/2 back, I'll concede Detroits pattycake Eastern schudule keeps them above SAS and LAL for would-be Finals home court advantage.