Author Topic: strange article I just read...  (Read 4480 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: strange article I just read...
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 05:29:07 PM »
That's because for the last few years the Spurs wait to beat up (literally last year) on the pansies that eliminated the Lakers.

I remember the year the Lakers were supposed to face the champs in the second round but their flight must have been delayed in Pheonix cause they never showed up to the 2nd round.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 05:32:09 PM »
But like all good things in life championship brews can't be rushed.  Maybe if you ask JoMal he still has some casks leftover from when he stockpiled for his Kings Special Brew that sputtered in its trial release.  Then you can age that beer for a season or two...

Dang!  Talk about shrapnel!  :o  FIRE IN THE HOLE!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 05:47:39 PM »
But like all good things in life championship brews can't be rushed.  Maybe if you ask JoMal he still has some casks leftover from when he stockpiled for his Kings Special Brew that sputtered in its trial release.  Then you can age that beer for a season or two...

Dang!  Talk about shrapnel!  :o  FIRE IN THE HOLE!

Shaking my head @ Benedict WOWnold.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 06:03:28 PM »
That's because for the last few years the Spurs wait to beat up (literally last year) on the pansies that eliminated the Lakers.

I remember the year the Lakers were supposed to face the champs in the second round but their flight must have been delayed in Pheonix cause they never showed up to the 2nd round.

I remember that year also...something about how hard it is to win without your best player.  Maybe you should ask Randy...he knows all about how teams play when their superstar goes down with a knee injury.   :P

But that would have been a great series IMO.  The Spurs coming off their first title.  The Lakers just learning how to win with Shaq & Kobe.  The next year Shaq was on a mission and in the 3rd year Kobe was.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »

I remember that year also...something about how hard it is to win without your best player.  Maybe you should ask Randy...he knows all about how teams play when their superstar goes down with a knee injury.   :P

But that would have been a great series IMO.  The Spurs coming off their first title.  The Lakers just learning how to win with Shaq & Kobe.  The next year Shaq was on a mission and in the 3rd year Kobe was.

I'm always amazed at someone who REJECTS an argument but uses it later to safe face for their own purposes.  They have a name for that -- let's see, what is it?  Sorry, I forgot -- English is your 2nd language -- look up hypocrisy in the dictionary (by-the-way, use an English dictionary).

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 07:26:10 AM »

I'm always amazed at someone who REJECTS an argument but uses it later to safe face for their own purposes.  They have a name for that -- let's see, what is it?  Sorry, I forgot -- English is your 2nd language -- look up hypocrisy in the dictionary (by-the-way, use an English dictionary).

And where did I reject this argument?  Again another wonderful example of you reading into other people's words what you want them to say.  And when called on it you will spin off into some other tangent.  Thread after thread.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 02:56:14 PM »

And where did I reject this argument?  Again another wonderful example of you reading into other people's words what you want them to say.  And when called on it you will spin off into some other tangent.  Thread after thread.

Couldn't find your dictionary, could you?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 03:03:33 PM »

I love when you prove my point.  I addressed your comment by asking where I made the argument that losing a superstar has no impact.  Because to say I am a hypocrit without proving where I made conflicting arguments is just smoke.  And when called on it you run into a classic response that addresses nothing.

Prove where I have said that losing a superstar does not impact a team's play.

Or shove your dictionary where the sun doesn't shine.
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »

I can't believe you walked into that. He totally called your shot.  :-\
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 04:37:05 PM »

I love when you prove my point.  I addressed your comment by asking where I made the argument that losing a superstar has no impact.  Because to say I am a hypocrit without proving where I made conflicting arguments is just smoke.  And when called on it you run into a classic response that addresses nothing.

Prove where I have said that losing a superstar does not impact a team's play.

Or shove your dictionary where the sun doesn't shine.

Let's try this again -- I apologize for coming across too strong.  You made a snipe at me about this being a weak argument the other day to someone (I think it was wk) -- you know what you typed and I don't have to look it up or repost it for you.  It ticked me off that you took the snipe at me for that and then made the post and unfortunately I came across far stronger. 

As a peace offering -- I would be happy to send you a dictionary, if you would simply provide me with an address.  :P
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 05:17:24 PM by Randy »