Author Topic: Kobe = Rasheed  (Read 1402 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kobe = Rasheed
« on: March 31, 2008, 06:29:57 PM »
Well from the perspective of technicals, Kobe is the new Rasheed Wallace.  Kobe leads the league in T's, and with one more he will get a one game suspension.  So Kobe 2008 = Rasheed Wallace circa 2001-02.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Kobe = Rasheed
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:33:21 PM »
Well from the perspective of technicals, Kobe is the new Rasheed Wallace.  Kobe leads the league in T's, and with one more he will get a one game suspension.  So Kobe 2008 = Rasheed Wallace circa 2001-02.

This came up on the board last week, we were debating wether or not Kobe should just take his T now or risk getting one in the playoffs.  Some one posted that the T's get reset once the playoffs start so Kobe should just play nice till the playoffs start.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 11:06:26 PM »
Ziggy, do you know how many T's are allowed in the playoffs before an ejection occurs.  It seems like it was really low but I wasn't sure what it was.

As for Kobe, he really needs to play and just quit griping.  I saw a game earlier this year -- I think it was against the Spurs and Kobe couldn't buy a foul from the refs.  He has had some games like that this year but he needs to learn that griping about it doesn't help his cause with the refs -- he needs to play through it.  An occassional word or reaction is okay but I think his response to date has caused refs to be a little quick to blow the whistle.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 11:49:32 PM »
This came up on the board last week, we were debating whether or not Kobe should just take his T now or risk getting one in the playoffs.

Well crap I need to start paying more attention.

Regarding your question Randy, it has been so long since the Blazers have been in the playoffs, all those things have vaporized from my consciousness.  I assume Derek or Lurker do, they seem to know all the little details on rules.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 12:18:08 AM »
A fresh 7 for the playoffs is my understanding.

Sad commentary on sportsmanship.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:16:55 AM »
Are you SURE it's 7?  I thought it was lower than that -- like 3.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 10:34:43 AM »
Are you SURE it's 7?  I thought it was lower than that -- like 3.

This was answered in another thread.  But I am sure that the reason you didn't catch it was I forgot to write it in crayons.  I bolded the key phraze to make it easier for you.

http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=4373.0

Well, at least Kobe didn't pick up another T.  Here is a little explanation from ESPN...

One important footnote: If Bryant or anyone else playoff-bound collects their 16th technical foul in the final game of the regular season, they would be forced to serve their one-game suspension in the postseason. The slate for Ts is otherwise wiped clean at the start of the playoffs, with suspensions starting when a player accumulates seven techs.

So Laker fans have to hope that Kobe gets another T before the final game.  Or none the rest of the year.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 02:04:31 PM »
Thanks for the info -- I obviously missed it in the previous post. 

Crayons aren't needed but you could have at LEAST put it in caps for me.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 02:05:53 PM »
Thanks for the info -- I obviously missed it in the previous post. 

Crayons aren't needed but you could have at LEAST put it in caps for me.

After all these years and you finally make sense!   :D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues