Author Topic: Is ziggy mad? Is that why ziggy is not posting?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Is ziggy mad? Is that why ziggy is not posting?
« on: March 28, 2008, 03:38:21 PM »
Portland is pretty upset with Oden.  Their franchise player of the future was busted playing two pick up games at a local gym.  Some guy posted about playing with Oden on the net and Oden got busted.  Dumb move on Odens part, I think if might have been ziggy that ratted him out.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is ziggy mad? Is that why ziggy is not posting?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 04:28:27 PM »
I'd be mad.  What a dumb move by Oden.  It's great that McMillin is falling on the sword a bit by saying "he's young", "I made the same mistakes when I was young", "he'll learn", yada yada yada.  Sorry dude, but he was the number one pick in the draft and if he doesn't realize that he's a franchise player and shouldn't be playing pick up games before he's ever stepped foot on the court with his team then he's beyond dumb and irresponsible.  From the perspective of the franchise, this is about the worst thing Oden could have done.  I'm sure, if given the choice, they'd rather he was caught in some illegal transgression rather than risking injury to that knee or any other part of his body. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 05:15:47 PM »
I'm sure, if given the choice, they'd rather he was caught in some illegal transgression rather than risking injury to that knee or any other part of his body. 

So are you saying Oden should be rehabbing in Colorado?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 05:28:03 PM »
Exactly, WOW, in fact I almost wrote that but decided to leave it open for interpretation. 

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
Man, that would have to be one tall chair.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »
Not mad, just busy doing my MBA homework, and watching my 16 year old in HS baseball.  As far Oden, this wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I understand it.  He is practicing and running up the widow maker hills of west Portland already, so it is not like he went way over the limit of what he should be doing.  At the same time he needs to be somewhat careful.  More than anything though I think the Blazers issue was that they want to know what kind of things he is doing.  They have spent a lot of money and they don't want it to all go sideways.
I am kinda with Greg on this though.  Lets not make a big federal case out of it.  It wasn't the smartest thing to do, but it isn't a JR Rider, Qyntel Woods, Darius Miles, Zach Randolph kind of bone head.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 04:25:55 PM »
Yeah.  If the Blazers biggest problem is that Oden is working too hard, I'd be happy to be a Blazers fan.