Author Topic: Udoka takes out Dirk.  (Read 1941 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Udoka takes out Dirk.
« on: March 23, 2008, 07:39:32 PM »
The Spurs have gone to a new low, with assassin Udoka deliberately swinging his leg at Dirk pinning his leg so as to put pressure on the bone.  Just look at the video on NBA.com and you can see for yourself.  Udoka is coming in for a dunk, Dirk goes up to black the shot.

Instead of continuing forward, like a normal player Udoka spins so that he is now facing downcourt, falling on his back. He swings his left leg, which catches Dirk's as he is landing.  Udoka's leg prevents Dirks, from coming out from underneath his body, and he ends up falling on it.

Nobody will believe that this was deliberate, but Udoka had to work very hard to turn around to be in a position to do what he did.  A normal player would have run into the stantion and stopped himself on the padding. Udoka spun his body around backwards.  WHY would anyone do that deliberately, fall backwards so they couldn't see where they landed?

Scumbags. Udoka should be suspended and the Spurs not allowed to replace him.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Udoka takes out Dirk.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:20:36 PM »
The Spurs have gone to a new low, with assassin Udoka deliberately swinging his leg at Dirk pinning his leg so as to put pressure on the bone.  Just look at the video on NBA.com and you can see for yourself.  Udoka is coming in for a dunk, Dirk goes up to black the shot.

Instead of continuing forward, like a normal player Udoka spins so that he is now facing downcourt, falling on his back. He swings his left leg, which catches Dirk's as he is landing.  Udoka's leg prevents Dirks, from coming out from underneath his body, and he ends up falling on it.

Nobody will believe that this was deliberate, but Udoka had to work very hard to turn around to be in a position to do what he did.  A normal player would have run into the stantion and stopped himself on the padding. Udoka spun his body around backwards.  WHY would anyone do that deliberately, fall backwards so they couldn't see where they landed?

What game were you watching?  In the game I saw today where Dirk got hurt, Dirk went for the block and bumped Udoka up high which cause them to both fall akwardly.  IMPOSSIBLE for there to be any intent by Udoka in that play, he got hit in the air and simply fell.  Rediculous to think otherwise.  ::)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 10:22:43 PM »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 10:34:29 PM »
No way you can say that was done on purpose because.....Dirk did it to himself.  He happened to place his leg down at the wrong spot while his momentum was still pushing him towards the basket.  Trying to paint the Spurs squad as cheap and dirty is just not going to work.  They work hard, play hard, and frankly when people start complaining about "rough" play in basketball it makes our sport look even more soft.

Looks like Dallas might miss the playoffs like I predicted.  I am closing the gap on W.O.W around here with my supreme basketball knowledge (or just really lucky if you want to be an a-hole  :D )
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 11:53:19 PM »

You are killing me Rick.  There is no way you actually believe what you wrote.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:52:06 AM »
Minnie Me strikes again!
Dan

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 09:32:36 AM »
I don't know how you can say that Udoka did this deliberately -- it was his body that took out Dirk and it was contact.  Dirk fell badly -- just a break of the game sometimes. 

Hopefully, it's not a serious injury -- that would prove fatal for the Mavs.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 11:20:54 AM »
He is in his bunker somewhere waiting for doomsday to hit finally...I think the canned foods he's been eating has been getting to him.  Anything to say the Spurs Are dirty, right?
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 05:04:14 PM »
Sure nobody believes it, but why do players get injured so often after playing the Spurs?  If it was one isolated incident than it would be nothing but it happens again and again.

Part of it is that the Spurs have so many foreign players.  Europeans and South Americans don't have the same level of sportsmanship as Americans.  If you watch the world cup, you would know what I mean.  The ref looks the other way and a player cold-cocks another.  That's they way they play. That's also the way Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli play.  Dirty.

I used to like the Spurs.  Now I hope they miss the playoffs.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 05:26:54 PM »
I think the canned foods he's been eating has been getting to him.

That can happen when you have your food canned in solid gold. Food and money stored all in one!!! It's a survivalist's dream!
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »
Part of it is that the Spurs have so many foreign players.  Europeans and South Americans don't have the same level of sportsmanship as Americans.  If you watch the world cup, you would know what I mean.

Stupid Frogs and Unbathed Argentinians. GOD BLESS THE USA!
 ::)
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 05:39:40 PM »
That's they way they play. That's also the way Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli play.  Dirty.

LOL.  Euro's and "Southerners" are cream puffs.  Parker and GNob are some of the softest defensive players in the league.  The ONLY dirty player on the Spurs is Bowen and he was born in the good ole USA.  You are just digging a deeper hole with your dumb comments.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"