Author Topic: Barr-dog picks SA.  (Read 1259 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Barr-dog picks SA.
« on: February 29, 2008, 11:24:34 AM »
yippee!!   ::) :-\

Barry picks Spurs over Suns and Mavs
Excerpt: P. Coro; Arizona Republic
Thursday, February 28, 2008

According to a report in the Arizona Republic, Suns General Manager Steve Kerr said the 36-year-old guard told him tonight that he chose San Antonio over Phoenix, as well as suitors like Boston, Dallas and Houston. Barry cleared waivers Tuesday after being traded by San Antonio last week to Seattle, which released him Friday to set off a week of recruiting.

During the telecast of the Spurs-Mavs game on TNT, it was reported that Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, had also been turned down by Barry.

Barry will not be able to sign a deal with San Antonio until March 21 because NBA rules prohibit a player from re-signing with a team that traded him until 30 days after the deal was made.

"I spoke with Brent and he informed me he was going to stay in San Antonio," Kerr said. "He said that it was a tough decision but he's going to stay."

Phoenix is now expected to turn its attention to Philadelphia 6-foot-6 guard Gordan Giricek, who the 76ers planned to release so that he could sign with Phoenix if Barry turned down the Suns. Giricek was originally drafted by the Spurs.

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Barr-dog picks SA.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 11:55:23 AM »
We'll be glad to send Giricek right away...for Amare!

The Suns are running out of time if they want him for the playoffs.

What do they have to give up that the Sixers would want that they haven't offered already.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 12:09:44 PM »
Xs3, Lurker etc,
In Spurs related news, how are you liking Stoudamires performance at backup pg?
Me likey.  He's playing all facets excellently.

Did you about die when the Floppin Frauline stepped on completely set Imes ankle then flailed to the floor to pick up the foul on Ime U?  Tim Thomas only 4 minutes.  This did have a 2006 playoffs small ball feel to it.  Finley was great, altho he gave up quite a few at the other end to Josh Howard and Stack.

The SuperManu drive float and shovel to Duncan for the dunk late 4th.  Sweet.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 12:13:31 PM »
Yeah, stoud is doing ok, he is quality for his age and position on this team.  I couldn't belive they called a foul on Udoka when Dirk trip on his own hoof.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 12:36:35 PM »
Xs3, Lurker etc,
In Spurs related news, how are you liking Stoudamires performance at backup pg?
Me likey.  He's playing all facets excellently.

I thought he'd be a decent back up.  Hes at the end of his career but surely hes still got a decent jumper and knows how to play in the playoffs.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com