Author Topic: Barry Released by the Sonics  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Barry Released by the Sonics
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:38:29 PM »
Brent Barry has been released with talk of Phoenix, Houston, Boston, and San Antonio to go after him.  Of course the Spurs, having the full MLE, are the most likely to win. 

So Barrdog back to the Spurs after being traded.  COLLUSION! COLLUSION! COLLUSION!  The Spurs, THY NAME IS COLLUSION!!   8)

PS:  Didn't realize wk and WOW had already addressed this with Reality in the other thread, my mistake

PSS:  Reality I don't care if one is waive-n-resign and the other is buy-out-n-resign.  They both stink like yesterdays underwear.  You wanna come down on Stackhouse, you better come down on Barry.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 12:43:26 PM by Skandery »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Barry Released by the Sonics
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »
Former Spurs guard Brent Barry, traded to Seattle last Thursday and subsequently released by the SuperSonics, cleared waivers Monday morning.
cleared waivers
cleared waivers
cleared waivers
This means the Lakers, Suns, Celtics etc etc had a chance to claim him.
Fair and square.
No collusion.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 02:04:21 PM »
It looks like someone's been learning their HTML  :D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »
Barry stated his going to make his decision today and probably announce tommorow.  The Spurs and Suns seem to be the front runners. 
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 08:30:56 PM »
No collusion?  Please -- it's as bad as anything you stated with Stackhouse.  Barry has already played with the Spurs and the Spurs made it CLEAR that they would love to have him back (i.e. we will REALLY miss Barry -- he is a great shooter and player, blah blah blah) -- the previous team ALWAYS has an advantage over other teams (i.e. he already has a place to stay -- there is no learning curve as far as system goes and he is already familiar with the city, teammates, etc.).

There is very little difference between Stackhouse and Barry -- both put the players in control of where they go.  Neither player would ever have to move, would they?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 02:10:57 AM »
COLLUSION@$)Q(#
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com