Author Topic: Pats Super strategy  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pats Super strategy
« on: February 09, 2008, 12:14:34 PM »
"The Patriots became predictable in the Super Bowl even though they never trailed by more than three points or led by more than four.

Beginning with a second-and-13 play in the second quarter, the Patriots passed 26 times in a row when they showed three receivers, one tight end and Kevin Faulk or Laurence Maroney at running back. This included eight plays on first down and the mysterious decision to throw instead of kick on fourth-and-13."

Did any of you notice this?  I knew they passes a lot in the 2nd half but i had no idea it was 26 straight.

Dabods, since I'm doing subjects you cherish, should the Pats tag Randy Moss as franchise player and if so will he revert to pouting next season?

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pats Super strategy
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 12:48:41 PM »
The only thing wrong with the Pats was that they left too much time on the clock after they scored.  Usually, Bellicek does a better job of it than that.

Then again he did end up giving other teams a shot at the end- most notably the Eagles in their Superbowl, had the ball at the end, but couldn't close the deal.

It was a terrible mistake to give the ball back to the Giants with over 2 min. left.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pats Super strategy
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 01:27:30 PM »
^^ yeah altho at own 25 after kickoff return with 29 ticks and 3 timeouts, i thought the Patsies would move the ball up the field in smaller chucks so as to get fg attempt.
1st down to midfiled looked like blown route by reciever / misread by Brady however probably due to fire blitz called by NYGiants D Coor Spaganolia.  Great call!!  Tape shows him sending two extra guys from the right side, def rushed Brady.  Welker was open at midfield.
2nd down sacked even tho the Giants only rushed 4 guys.  Brutal for Pats.
3rd down the 60 yd bomb to pouty Moss who should have jumped for ball vs 5'10' defenders.
4th down.  Narcisist Moss doesn't even raise his hands above his waist, makes no attempt to catch or get pass int call whatsoever.  He sucks!  Ballgame.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 01:32:28 PM by Reality »