Author Topic: Mitch Kupchak executive of the year?  (Read 934 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Mitch Kupchak executive of the year?
« on: February 01, 2008, 07:13:15 PM »
Not in my book.  I may stop calling him Bitch Cupcake for now but IMO Ainge has to be the hands down favorite this year for EOY, with Portland and LA fighting it out for second. 

Funny how a certain closet Laker fan didn't start a thread about the collusion of the Celtic trade.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mitch Kupchak executive of the year?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 07:07:35 PM »
Not in my book.  I may stop calling him Bitch Cupcake for now but IMO Ainge has to be the hands down favorite this year for EOY, with Portland and LA fighting it out for second. 

Funny how a certain closet Laker fan didn't start a thread about the collusion of the Celtic trade.

I agree.  The Celtics made TWO power moves to build a contender.  The Lakers made one power move and one solid pick up (Ariza).  IMO Mitch is doing what he should have done in the off-season.  This team had the ability to move players around and took long enough.  Well worth the wait of course but the team looked like it was falling apart this summer when the only thing they did to counter PHX was get Fisher.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Mitch Kupchak executive of the year?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 03:13:16 AM »

I agree.  The Celtics made TWO power moves to build a contender.  The Lakers made one power move and one solid pick up (Ariza).  IMO Mitch is doing what he should have done in the off-season.  This team had the ability to move players around and took long enough.  Well worth the wait of course but the team looked like it was falling apart this summer when the only thing they did to counter PHX was get Fisher.

Who knows how much of it was the wisdom of the Laker front office and how much of it was pure luck.  The Lakers were looking solid this year, they helf the top spot in the West for a day before injuries crippled the Lakers.  They lose Bynum, Ariza, Radman and Walton is gimpy.  Tough to continue to succeed with two starters and 1/3 of the bench out.  Like I said, I don't know if the Lakers knew they could be this good, my guess is now, the start lined up just right for the Lakers before the injuries.  Kobe has nothing to gripe about anymore, the Lakers have added a top 10 PF who can do EVERYTHING the Lakers need from a big man in the triagle. 
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"