Author Topic: Interview with Ed Stefanski  (Read 3449 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Interview with Ed Stefanski
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 12:01:24 PM »
Thanks for doing that interview with Ed, Dabods.  Pretty good job overall.

At least Ed is realistic about what the Sixers need and how difficult it would be to get that player. It's also good to know his philosophy is to pick the best available player, not necessarily the specific piece your team needs.  That makes Ed a trading GM - he will try to pick up players that other teams need in order to gain leverage to get the player he needs.

Right now we have a wealth of players at the 3. Ed should decide which two are best and trade the rest. In conjunction with that, he has to see which of the 3's can play at the 2 spot.  I think the 1 is fine with Miller and Williams, although I'm concerned about their defense. 

I know that you aren't all that impressed with Willie Green, but I think he's an NBA player and has the ability to be a pretty decent talent.   All in all, I think we're competitive, although not dominant by any means at the 1, 2 and 3 spots.

I was hoping you could have asked Ed about the young bigs that are languishing on the bench. Have they decided that drafting them was a mistake and they can't play, or are they injured and unable to play, or so raw that they aren't considered capable of playing successfully right now? 

I haven't been around lately- was in Fla. on vacation.  I see the Sixers took a big slide while I was away, but saw them defeat Toronto last night.

What have the Sixers been doing while I was away that made them slide like that?  I read that Sammy has been putting together lots of double-doubles lately- it seems the team should have been more competitive, based on the way they were after the West Coast trip.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 12:15:50 PM »
I was hoping you could have asked Ed about the young bigs that are languishing on the bench. Have they decided that drafting them was a mistake and they can't play, or are they injured and unable to play, or so raw that they aren't considered capable of playing successfully right now?
really the only one big who was drafted by the sixers but isn't playing is Herbert Hill.  He's injured, and hasn't yet come back.  Shav was an undrafted free agent, but he's still returning from injury as well.   

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 01:53:10 PM »
I know that you aren't all that impressed with Willie Green, but I think he's an NBA player and has the ability to be a pretty decent talent.   All in all, I think we're competitive, although not dominant by any means at the 1, 2 and 3 spots.
Is his injury the biggest factor or is he just not progressing mentally.

Dabods are you now an official RealGM correspondent or did they just glean this one article from you.  Maybe more in the future or for sure more, you have signed with RealGM for 1.2 million?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 01:57:59 PM »
Is his injury the biggest factor or is he just not progressing mentally.

He's injured.  He was the Sixers best rookie in summer league and in preseason.  But his body's not physically recuperated yet.  I specifically didn't ask him about Hill because Ed just said this about him 5 days ago:
"His knee has not responded as well to the surgery, so I'd say you aren't going to see him for a few weeks still."

Dabods are you now an official RealGM correspondent or did they just glean this one article from you.  Maybe more in the future or for sure more, you have signed with RealGM for 1.2 million?

I've written a handful of articles for them.  I'm also the sysadmin for draftexpress.com.  Neither one's netting me 1.2 million though :P