Author Topic: Is Hawaii on crack  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Is Hawaii on crack
« on: January 10, 2008, 01:58:00 AM »
zig and college football followers,

What was Hawaiis payout for making a BCS game, albeit blown out by Georgia.  Still they got how many bucks as a payoff?
Does Hawaii have to share this with the WAC conf and if so how much is their end cut.  Isn't it still in the million(s)?

Do not reup June Jones and have purportedly not upgraded facilities in 25 years?  Crap like 25 year old carpet in the training room.  Jones only having a $60K recruiting budget, up from $50K that he had 11 YEARS ago when they were 0-11.  Gee, besides the great success Jones has helped the football team to have, think maybe just maybe you could schmooze some top notch high school and JC recruits with a trip to Hawaii?  Nope sorry, not in the budget  ??? 

I read where the recently forced to resign AD is a complete knucklehead who also ran off their basketball coach.
What is this AD and Hawaii Us problem?  Jones takes em to 12-1 and a BCS bowl game.

I'd like to see the financial comparisons between fellow WAC Boise State and Hawaii.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is Hawaii on crack
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 09:39:42 AM »
I don't know that WAC rules, but typically the team playing in the bowl gets 1/2 the money, and the other conference teams split the remaining.  So last year Hawaii probably got $1,000,000 because of Boise State.  Did the same when Utah went.  This year they will get $7.5 million.  I don't know the financial state of Hawaii, but it very well could be having other financial issues.
Good opportunity for June (A Portland boy) at SMU.  I know SMU is trying to revive the glory years, and they aren't afraid to spend money.  I fully expect he will turn SMU into a winner.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:23:38 AM »
I know SMU is trying to revive the glory years, and they aren't afraid to spend money.

Spend money as it pertains to handing out scholarships, surely. 8)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »
Hawaii is more of a meth kind of place, and of course Maui Wowie.

But that's neither here nor there.  The bottom line is Hawaii has way more important spending priorities, a smaller fan and talent base and huge disadvantage of their location.  It's simply not feasible for them to try and build a consistent big time program.  I could go into more detail but that's it in a macadamia nutshell.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »

Yup..."stop the ice age" type bumper stickers are everywhere out there.

Why should they share what they pulled in with the whole conference?!?!?!?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 02:32:15 PM »

Yup..."stop the ice age" type bumper stickers are everywhere out there.

Why should they share what they pulled in with the whole conference?!?!?!?

That is just the way conference rules are set up.  When you joing the conference you agree to that, and then you can change it if enough schools want to.  Unless you are an elite program that goes to big moeny bowls every year, this is a good deal for all involved, and it keeps one program from eventually dominating.  It is kind of like sophomoric populism  ???.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil