Author Topic: Marshmellow Anthony suspension?  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Marshmellow Anthony suspension?
« on: November 30, 2007, 10:59:09 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=271129013
If anyone can get a better vid or photo, go for it.

Carmello Anthony cheapshotting Sasha Vujacic after the Lakers second unit kicked butt so well that they were up by 20.
Marshmellos account vs Vujacics:
"It wasn't intentionally done," Anthony said. "I hope people don't overreact."

When Vujacic was told that Anthony accused him of embellishing the foul by flopping, the Lakers' reserve guard responded with a bemused grin.  "I think I've got to give him a DVD of European soccer. Then he can really see flops," Vujacic said. "I think it was frustration on his part. He's one of the best players in the league. But we did an amazing job on defense against him by double-teaming him -- and that's why he tried to choke me. I was surprised that he grabbed me with his hand."

I think Stooge Jackson and Stern give Marshmello at least one game. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Marshmellow Anthony suspension?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »
Update here is a much better YouTube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL1_fXU0n1U

Does look like Sasha flopped to sell it but also looks like Marshmellow certainly put hand on throat.
Love how Marshmellos cheapshots have been a hit n run against 5' 6" Nate Robinson and now Sasha. :D
Sasha was comforted by a hug from Kobee, Lakers.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 11:19:07 AM »
The reason why he got throw out is because he was elbowing/pushing him on trips before.  There was a little bit of jawing as well.    Sasha made a move to go baseline and Carmelo did the WWF Undertaker move and grabbed his throat.  While Sasha did fling his arms a bit ANYTIME you get grabbed like that while moving in the opposite direction of the other person grabbing you its going to cause you to jerk back.

Not quite sure why Carmelo was getting so frustrated with Sasha.  He clearly could not defend Melo even if he wanted to.  Melo was torching everyone they put on his last night so I don't quite see what the deal is. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 11:23:57 AM »
Not only did he put his hand on his throat he clearly shoved him.  Yep, some acting on Vujacic's part but totally pathetic behavior (once again) by Anthony.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 02:10:40 PM »
Not only did he put his hand on his throat he clearly shoved him.  Yep, some acting on Vujacic's part but totally pathetic behavior (once again) by Anthony.

Agreed, on a playground you would have just shoved the guys hand of your throat and kicked his arse.  He definately choked Sasha but not IMO to send him to the ground.  Mello is a punk, and the only reason I can think of for going after Sasha is because he went "unconcious" on his outside shot.  Sasha could have closed his eyes and nailed a 3pointer he was so hot durring that 2-3 minutes stint.  It was interesting to watch the Lakers 2nd unit blow out the Nuggest in the 4th after the Lakers let them creep back into the game in the last 3 minutes of the 3rd.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 04:04:59 PM »
Here is another angle of Marshmello after choking Sasha:

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 12:15:09 AM »
I can't believe they didn't suspend him...thats really bs.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com