Author Topic: Lakers v. Jazz . . . what happened?  (Read 804 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lakers v. Jazz . . . what happened?
« on: December 03, 2007, 07:26:47 PM »
Did anyone get to watch the Jazz and Lakers a few nights ago? I watched almost the entire game in a bit of a haze. I'm sitting there watching the Jazz go without Boozer and Okur, expecting a Laker win. In fact, I would have been happy with a close game, but the Jazz go out and ass-whip the Lakers.

AK and Deron were pure poison, and Millsap again filled in nicely. Anyway, it was some of the best, funnest to watch basketball I've seen in several years. Makes me feel pretty dang good about our depth and chances in a playoff series.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lakers v. Jazz . . . what happened?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 08:05:11 PM »
The transition defense was HORRIBLE.  I watched one play where Deron Williams catches a football style pass at half court with 3 lakers around him only to get an easy lay up.  Second the Lakers did not have the same energy level the Jazz did.  I don't buy it was a back to back excuse I heard from fellow Laker fans either.  They had plenty of rest and the flight from LA to Utah is like an hour and a half.  Gotta give AK props for his defense and Deron for reminding Derek Fisher how old he is  :D

I was in shock as well for the same reason you were...no Boozer?  Lakers beat em the first time with them both in.  Should be a win right? NOPE!  The night before the Lakers just beat Denver to a pulp so I expected them to come on strong again but that was not the case.

As long as Deron is there the team is going to be solid.  I can't say enough about how much I enjoy to watch him play basketball.  After last years playoffs I'm a certified Deron Williams fan boy lol
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com