Author Topic: OT - Any Halo/XBox Live players?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT - Any Halo/XBox Live players?
« on: December 11, 2007, 04:45:59 PM »
Started playing it online and I was wondering if any of you guys play.

I'm using a temp handle to play online MegaKittySquish
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - Any Halo/XBox Live players?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 05:36:02 PM »
I only have a PS3 =/

Does anyone have that or planing to get that?  I'd love to play NBA08 on it against someone on the board.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 01:21:42 AM »
I only have a PS3 =/

Does anyone have that or planing to get that?  I'd love to play NBA08 on it against someone on the board.

Don't hold your breath, it will be a year or two before programmers put to good use the advantages of the PS 3 hardware over XBox 360.  For now XBox 360 is overall the superior product, infact XBox live will keep it on top even when the full force of the PS 3 hardware comes to fruition.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 10:36:24 AM »
I only have a PS3 =/

Don't hold your breath, it will be a year or two before programmers put to good use the advantages of the PS 3 hardware over XBox 360.  For now XBox 360 is overall the superior product, infact XBox live will keep it on top even when the full force of the PS 3 hardware comes to fruition.

They've already started getting the hang of it and have pumped out some really good titles for it.  You are missing out.  The limited space of the media the xbox 360 uses is going to come back to bite it in its rear end.  That teamed up with Sony dropping the price for the development kit means real good news.  Within 6 months PS3 will have exclusive titles and games that Microsoft can only hope for.  Halo 3 came and went pretty fast with the hardcore gammers for some reason.  Everyone has moved on to Call of Duty 4.

The playstation 3 online does everything the xbox does....except I don't have to pay for it ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 02:55:47 PM »
They've already started getting the hang of it and have pumped out some really good titles for it.  You are missing out.  The limited space of the media the xbox 360 uses is going to come back to bite it in its rear end.  That teamed up with Sony dropping the price for the development kit means real good news.  Within 6 months PS3 will have exclusive titles and games that Microsoft can only hope for.  Halo 3 came and went pretty fast with the hardcore gammers for some reason.  Everyone has moved on to Call of Duty 4.

Haven't seen one yet, CoD4 is really good but no game in HISTORY has sold as well as the Halo series.  In fact the Halo 3 release really boosted the sales of XBox 360 consoles, how often do ppl shell out 300 to 500 bucks on a game system just to play a game?

The playstation 3 online does everything the xbox does....except I don't have to pay for it ;)

Are you sure about that?  Chat, IM, Email?  Purchase content like TV shows, games, game upgrades, movies, music and tons of other stuff without the need for a PC, can a playstation do that?  Can the PS3 also share movies, pics and music with your PC and MP3 player?  All that stuff is free, you pay to play others on-line which is what everyone really wants so that bites.  In that sense PS 3 is better since I would trade all the free stuff just to get free online gaming.  Can you chat and talk smack durring game play on the PS3?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 05:38:23 PM »

Haven't seen one yet, CoD4 is really good but no game in HISTORY has sold as well as the Halo series.  In fact the Halo 3 release really boosted the sales of XBox 360 consoles, how often do ppl shell out 300 to 500 bucks on a game system just to play a game?

Yea but Halo came and went quick.  The latest version was hyped very well but didn't hold up.

Are you sure about that?  Chat, IM, Email?  Purchase content like TV shows, games, game upgrades, movies, music and tons of other stuff without the need for a PC, can a playstation do that?  Can the PS3 also share movies, pics and music with your PC and MP3 player?  All that stuff is free, you pay to play others on-line which is what everyone really wants so that bites.  In that sense PS 3 is better since I would trade all the free stuff just to get free online gaming.  Can you chat and talk smack durring game play on the PS3?

Yea I can IM, chat, I can't email but I can send messages to other PS3 players.  If I wanted to email I could surf the net with the PS3 but I rather use my laptop.  You can download content from the playstation store as well.

The ps3 can share files but since I have a 250 gig HD on my computer I have it setup as a media server that streams mp3s, movies, and everything else to the entire house.  I am pretty sure you can do this with the xbox as well.  It's real cool.  I wouldn't want my xbox or ps3 to be my hub though.

Ya you can smack talk online with the ps3 in games if you have a mic.  The Warhawk game comes with a blue tooth head set so you can talk to other players.  Although others have said most blue tooth headsets work real well.

One thing cool about the xbox 360 is you can get bootleg games online very easy.  Since blu ray media is so much as well as the burners I haven't seen anyone rip a single ps3 game.  I seen xbox 360 games being put online all the time.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 11:12:14 AM »
WOW - I play Halo 3 online.  Been playing for a while now, and I usually play late my timebetween 10p and 2am or so.  so if you want to play add me to your list, JPORTILLO is the gamer tag.  I downloaded the three new maps - I like them so far.  Some people keep telling me to play COD4, but I have not bought it yet, I keep putting it off because I had bought The Orange Box a while back and I just ended up playing Halo all the time anyway.  I would like to play COD4 and Mass Effect as well, but I am happy with the online game play involved with Halo.  Microsoft also added the "game store" onnline so you can buy and download xbox classic games direct to your hard drive - I was thinking about downloading Halo (1) to my hard drive, either that or Psychonauts.

As for the PS3, I will get one eventually, I could have bought it by now, but to be honest I have not done it because 360 has been putting out such great games that I am happy just staying put.  I am gonna get a PS3, just not any time soon.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 11:19:58 AM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 10:09:12 AM »
It was fun playing online with ppl who are not total arseholes to you for not being a "pro" gamer, it was fun playing with you too Spurs ;)

I've only had the XBox 360 for a month and the Halo 3 game for a couple of weeks so I am pretty much a newbie, or nube as they say in the Halo world.  Hope to catch you and your buds online in the future.  I will probably change my gamer tag when I get my 12 month subscription in the mail next week and I'll drop you a line.  I'm glad you told me about the "guest" think cause I was ready to shell out another 43 bucks for a second gold subscription for me.

By the way, how did my kids do after I left?  My oldest boy, 10, is pretty good and usually ends up in the top 3 in the Rumble Pit games.

P.S.
Did I go a LITTLE overboard with the XBox ELITE, 4 wireless controllers, 64' 1080i HD Big screen and an XBox licensed Dolby Surround sound system that comes with a FIBER OPTIC interface to the XBox?  Just asking ;)  Actually I already had the TV but was considering upgrading to a 1080p set.  My 10 year old had to call me on that one when he said the TV was big enough and the picture looked fine.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 10:56:13 AM »
Yeah it was cool playing online, and with our bunch we usually don't have anybody talking smack...unless it's me and I get ticked at some moron who won't shut up that is...I saw that you jumped back on, but I was way getting sleepy and logged off, I should be on again tonight.  As for the kids, they were good and they both did pretty well, they jumped off after a while and went to play co-op I think.  Did you go over board?  Hell I would buy that stuff If I could also, I got my eye on a nice 1080p right now, we'll see if I can get it sometime soon.  Don't worry about not being that good at it, you pick stuff up as you play, for example when you are charging someone, you can still move forward but tap left and right over and over again as you run, you may not see a diff on the screen, but some of your enemies bullets will miss you, giving your bullets a better chance to take you enemy out.  You should use your melee button in close quarters - it usually will be an instant kill when you melee someone from the side or from behind, oh and you will not show up on your enemies radar when you crouch, don't move though, if you pick a corner you know people have to run through, crouch around the side, when they run by, melee them - easy kill....oh and if you ever play swords, you have to quickly pull the right trigger twice to do a charging sword swipe...also if you want to rank up quicker, play ranked games, getting promoted is much quicker.  look for me when you play.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 10:57:25 AM »
http://www.bungie.net

go check the site for news and register, you can see your stats, previous game info, your medals, etc...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 12:58:04 PM »
WOW I don't think it's going overboard but then again I am a nerd/gamer.  I have a 46 inch sharp tv that I got for the ps3 so I could plug it in HDMI (how cool is it that all the video and sound run on one cable?!) the next thing I need to get is the surround sound.