Author Topic: All 5 HOF players G.O.A.T. on floor at once  (Read 4070 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: All 5 HOF players G.O.A.T. on floor at once
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 11:02:20 PM »
:D  Yeah Dr. J and Bobby Jones would have no chance against Rick Fox and Grant.
Carry on.

You said it not me.  Try to peddle a consolidation bracket thread about the Celtics and Spurs in a new thread that way------------------->
I'd rather coach the 86 Celts in a 7 game series vs you and Joe V coaching any Laker team.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 01:51:10 PM »
:D  Yeah Dr. J and Bobby Jones would have no chance against Rick Fox and Grant.
Carry on.

You said it not me.  Try to peddle a consolidation bracket thread about the Celtics and Spurs in a new thread that way------------------->
I'd rather coach the 86 Celts in a 7 game series vs you and Joe V coaching any Laker team.

Sorry but the Lakers are playing in the Gold medal bracket against Philly.  You can take your Celts and challenge the Pistons, Bulls or Spurs in the consolidation bracket game and let us know how it goes.  So far all you've done is repeated the team names, given no reason why they would be anything other than fodder in the "all-time playoffs".  That probably works on fanhome but not here.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 06:51:59 PM »
I don't see how the 2001 Laker team gets any mention at all.  I don't think any of Shaq's team could have beaten the Showtime Lakers.

Ok, so I year, in '83 the Sixers squashed them, but the Lakers had some injury problems that year with B. Scott that may have made a difference.  Meantime for years before and after, the Magic and Worthy and Kareem teams were in or contending for every title.

Those Laker teams were scary.  You couldn't set up a press on a team that started fastbreaks off a made shot! They would run you to death, and then bring in the second team that would run even faster!

I would have liked to have seen the '83 Sixers against Shaq and Kobe.  In all sincerity, I think the Sixers would have rolled them as well.  Moses would have his hands full against Shaq, but I don't think Shaq could have bowled him over without getting a foul, and Moses would have given Shaq all he could handle on the boards. 

Kobe and Doc would have had a field day going at each other and I would guess that Doc and Moses vs. Kobe and Shaq would be a wash.  But the rest of the Lakers would have been completely overwhelmed by the depth and the talent of the Sixers.  Tyron Lue or whoever against Mo Cheeks and Andrew Toney! Clemon Johnson vs. the Lakers back up center.  I think the Sixers would have blown out the Lakers by the end of the 3rd quarter, unless Kobe started taking and making every shot. 

The key would be Shaq- I don't believe the Lakers could pound it inside against Moses.  No one else ever did! And without an automatic score from the Center postion, that Laker team would have been beaten, but in 2001, there wasn't a team in the League that could stop Shaq.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 09:21:58 PM »
Shaq would score on Moses as easily as he did against anyone else.  No big challenge there for Shaq.  Kobe is head and shoulders above Dr J.  Kobe has a complete game, Dr J was nowhere near the shooter or defender that Kobe has been for years.  Hate to burst any bubbles but Moses/Dr J is not a match for Kobe/Shaq.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 10:58:21 AM »
Shaq would score on Moses as easily as he did against anyone else.  No big challenge there for Shaq.  Kobe is head and shoulders above Dr J.  Kobe has a complete game, Dr J was nowhere near the shooter or defender that Kobe has been for years.  Hate to burst any bubbles but Moses/Dr J is not a match for Kobe/Shaq.
  :D :D
Will get back to this later but for now W.O.W., could you photoshop a face shot of yours in place of Stoudamires?

Also, while i want to dispell any indoctrination myths in a slow, proper manner, i think some of the Laker boardies are now ready to assimilate the truth about Kareem.  He did reach for the powerful purple towel, but in the end was it enough?
http://refernet.typepad.com/jdragon/2007/06/bruce_lee_vs_ka.html
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:25:20 AM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »
  :D :D
Will get back to this later but for now W.O.W., could you photoshop a face shot of yours in place of Stoudamires?

Also, while i want to dispell any indoctrination myths in a slow, proper manner, i think some of the Laker boardies are now ready to assimilate that Kareem really did not kill Bruce Lee.  He did reach for the powerful purple towel, but in the end was it enough?
http://refernet.typepad.com/jdragon/2007/06/bruce_lee_vs_ka.html

Did you notice all the mob guys in the stands yelling "cha-ching".  They were not looking at the court, they were looking at the Suns the bench and counting their profits when their bought ref was going to steal the series from the Suns with the suspensions.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"