Author Topic: Dabods- What do you think of the Sixers moves?  (Read 1053 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Dabods- What do you think of the Sixers moves?
« on: June 29, 2007, 02:25:24 PM »
I'm not sure myself, I don't watch too much college hoops.

Seems like Billy King took a risk, by not taking the expected player, but that's fine.  He will be in hot water if it turns out that Wright or Thornton are better players.

We'll find out once they start playing, but I have no idea now.

Glad they picked tall forwards and a guard.  They may have drafted the best ones at their spots, but they definitely tried to draft for need.

Annoyed that they had to deal with Miami to get that 3'd pf/C. Considering how badly Miami needed a guard, Billy should have been able to do better.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Re: Dabods- What do you think of the Sixers moves?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 03:36:18 PM »
Don't like Thornton at all, and Wright doesn't fit with Iguodala.

I was hoping Hawes or Brandon Wright fell to us, but that was out of our control.

With what was left, I like Thad Young a lot.  I would have looked at Nick Young (who is a great fit with Iguodala) and Stuckey (who has a world of potential), but Young's just as good of a prospect as either of those two.  Young is a very skilled prospect for his age with a good shot, good first step, handles, a post game, and nice size.  Sure, there are a lot of people you can say that about, but he had a 4.3 GPA in high school, a 4.0 GPA in college, and from all accounts is coachable, so I think he has more of a shot to reach his potential than a lot of the prospects that come out.  I also think he was held back by GT's system and Crittenton, to some degree.

Jason Smith and Derrick Byars were about the best you could hope for at 21 and 42.  Smith is a really athletic 7 footer with some nice ball skills.  Really, I think he's comparable to Yi in his game from what I've seen of their games.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 03:41:32 PM by Derek Bodner »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dabods- What do you think of the Sixers moves?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 07:33:07 AM »
http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/655332.html
Daequan Cook at #21 was said to be the Spurs 1st choice.  Allegedly tried to work a deal with Washington at 16.  Wonder if they also tried to work a deal with Philly?