Author Topic: It's as good as DONE SON...and Lebron...  (Read 1162 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
It's as good as DONE SON...and Lebron...
« on: June 12, 2007, 10:42:06 PM »
YOU ARE A WITNESS!!!

8)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: It's as good as DONE SON...and Lebron...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 10:55:06 AM »
Once again, I tire of repeating myself....but I feel bears reiteration.  The Cavs are a BAD team--plain and simple.  Anyone who thought this series was going to anywhere near resemble a competitive one was delusional or making a joke (and not a good one at that).   

Three down, one to go.

==========================================

On a sidenote, neither team played well.  I will go so far as to say that the San Antonio Spurs played an awful Game 3.  It was sloppy, frenetic, and unbalanced.  They lost composure on a few occasions and made some egregious blunders during key moments throughout the game.  The were piss poor from the free throw line and couldn't run their simplest offensive set (Duncan post + 4 at three) to save their lives.  I've never seen Horry, Bowen, Barry, Finley, Ginobili, and Parker have such a tough time with that massively difficult concept--the entry pass.  Parker also didn't look and wasn't as aggressive to rim as he had been, Duncan was even worst, and Manu Ginobili was worst still--he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if his muzzle was stuck to it.  As bad as the San Antonio Spurs played, the Cavs STILL found a way to lose the game.  This should tell everyone just how BAD of a team Cleveland really is. 

And YES I'm going to call out LeBron James.  LeBron is too strong, too talented, and that much better than anyone else wearing a Cleveland Cavalier uniform to pound the ball at the top of the key side to side waiting for some magical thread the needle pass for a layup or a pop (of which everytime he tries one, 4 out of 5 times ends up in a turnover).  There is no reason Anderson Varejao should've even had the opportunity to try that last shot to tie it and miss it even though Duncan clearly fouled him.  Yes LeBron you have a piss poor team and you know you have a piss poor team, their is no reason to amplify their failures on the biggest stage in the biggest moment of your career when everyone on the planet knows the responsibility falls squarely on your capable shoulders.  This loss is your failure even though your team went 3 for 279 from three pointer.  I must say that it has to be disheartening to LeBron fans and Cleveland fans that its plain as day that LeBron  can drive at will around Bruce Bowen, can go over Bruce Bowen, and can score at will on Bruce Bowen yet refuses to do so when it is clearly the only option of getting that orange ball through that white net.  Dwayne Wade has 8 times the heart you have and its why he's a world champion and you are not (..and may never be).  Your team can't hit, your shot is not falling, you take it strong to the hole knowing full well that 4 Spurs players will knock you down into the ground again and again and again until you win or lose--that's heart and something LeBron clearly doesn't have.                     
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 11:04:44 AM »
Once again, I tire of repeating myself....but I feel bears reiteration.  The Cavs are a BAD team--plain and simple.  Anyone who thought this series was going to anywhere near resemble a competitive one was delusional or making a joke (and not a good one at that).   

Three down, one to go.

On a sidenote, neither team played well.  I will go so far as to say that the San Antonio Spurs played an awful Game 3.  It was sloppy, frenetic, and unbalanced.  They lost composure on a few occasions and made some egregious blunders during key moments throughout the game.  The were piss poor from the free throw line and couldn't run their simplest offensive set (Duncan post + 4 at three) to save their lives.  I've never seen Horry, Bowen, Barry, Finley, Ginobili, and Parker have such a tough time with that massively difficult concept--the entry pass.  Parker also didn't look and wasn't as aggressive to rim as he had been, Duncan was even worst, and Manu Ginobili was worst still--he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if his muzzle was stuck to it.  As bad as the San Antonio Spurs played, the Cavs STILL found a way to lose the game.  This should tell everyone just how BAD of a team Cleveland really is. 

And YES I'm going to call out LeBron James.  LeBron is too strong, too talented, and that much better than anyone else wearing a Cleveland Cavalier uniform to pound the ball at the top of the key side to side waiting for some magical thread the needle pass for a layup or a pop (of which everytime he tries one, 4 out of 5 times ends up in a turnover).  There is no reason Anderson Varejao should've even had the opportunity to try that last shot to tie it and miss it even though Duncan clearly fouled him.  Yes LeBron you have a piss poor team and you know you have a piss poor team, their is no reason to amplify their failures on the biggest stage in the biggest moment of your career when everyone on the planet knows the responsibility falls squarely on your capable shoulders.  This loss is your failure even though your team went 3 for 279 from three pointer.  I must say that it has to be disheartening to LeBron fans and Cleveland fans that its plain as day that LeBron  can drive at will around Bruce Bowen, can go over Bruce Bowen, and can score at will on Bruce Bowen yet refuses to do so when it is clearly the only option of getting that orange ball through that white net.  Dwayne Wade has 8 times the heart you have and its why he's a world champion and you are not (..and may never be).  Your team can't hit, your shot is not falling, you take it strong to the hole knowing full well that 4 Spurs players will knock you down into the ground again and again and again until you win or lose--that's heart and something LeBron clearly doesn't have.                     

:o :o :o :D

Nice post Skand!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 11:45:40 AM »

Three down, one to go.

I fully expected to lose this game, I was actually working around the house and peeking at the game here and there and finally watched the second half of it.  YES, we played HORRIBLE, and yet - like Skandar said - the Cavs still found a way to lose.  Cavs - try listenning to your coach!!  Trying to shoot 3's with us (even on such a bad night) was the suicide - they wasted plenty of plays that they could have driven it in on us - oh well, they made their decision and found out the consequences.  Dumb move.  I still can't believe thatwe won that one - but I will take it.  LeBroom can WITNESS a championship team celebrating up close and personal in Cleveland on Thursday (cross my fingers)  ;D
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 12:15:32 PM »
Some of the blame should be placed on the Cavs coach.  I remember when Shaq was inefective against the Spurs in the low post, the lunch money series, and Phil made a slight adjustment that was very effective, moving him to the high post at the top of the key.  This freed up the Lakers offense and forced the Spurs to adjust.  While it didn't win the series it allow the Lakers to score against the Spurs defense.  It seemed like a no brainer to post LeBron on the low block and let him work from there, it would at least cause the Spurs to make an adjustment and maybe open something up for the Cavs.  The Cavs have to do SOMETHING to make the series competitive, it's not enough to get blown out then make an interesting comeback only to come up short.

It still seems like LeBron can get to the rim at will if he WANTED, just doesn't seem like he wants it all that bad plus they lane instantly gets clogged cause everybody knows where Bron is going.  Post him up and see what the Spurs defense will give you, can't imagine the Cavs haven't heard of an off ball cut to the basket.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"