Author Topic: The Sports Guy predicts Kobe to Phoenix  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Sports Guy predicts Kobe to Phoenix
« on: May 31, 2007, 02:33:34 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons&entryDate=20070530

Bill Simmons says the Suns could (conceivably - according to his plan) end up with a starting five of Nash, Kobe, Bell, Diaw and Garnett.

While that's rediculous (fantasy-wise), I'd want the trade for Kobe to happen like I'd want a swift kick to the nuts!!!  I mean, I'm looking to get laid this weekend at a wedding, for crying out loud!!!  I don't need no swift kick to the goolies right now!

And that's how much I hate Kobe Bryant.

Sorry, but I'm a little drunk right now, so if I offended anyone with this post ... GO BLOW YOURSELVES!!!
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline spursfan-101

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Sports Guy predicts Kobe to Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 06:44:51 AM »
I think Cuban woud give up anything for Bryant...including Nowitski!  Think the Lakers would entertain that trade.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:42:40 AM »
There were reports that the Suns were looking at possibly trading Amare.  first of all his salary, and secondly because there was talk that there is no chemistry there with him.  He is a very good player but they did not think he was right for there system - I dont get that - but hey that's what was being tossed around after they got knocked out of the playoffs.  it could have just been frustration.  I don't knnow if it would work but I did think of the Suns as soon as I heard Kobe asking for a trade.  Amare and another player or Amare and cash or draft pick etc for Kobe seems reasonable.  I am not sure on how different there contracts are per year though so who knows, it may not be anything workable.  Another thing thing is Kobe is just getting attention.  I think it is all just BS.  the Lakers are HIS team, NOT because he is a fan, but because he is who he is.  All that garbage he was saying is just BS to get the Lakers to make some moves.  funny thing is you get rid of Mitch and you still have the same problems, no money for anyone that could really help and no real trade bait.  Like I said before, IF Kobe really cared about winning he would renegotiate his contract to free up some cash so LA COULD get him some real help.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 10:50:45 AM »
Amare would not solve the Laker problems and I think would put them in a much worse spot.  Amare is a major talent but without players on the perimeter you cannot ask him to do everything.  Plus with the potential to re-injure himself it would be a major gamble.  With that said Mitch Kupcheck is probably already a hair away from making this trade!

Wouldn't that be funny to see the starting 5 in PHX making more money then the entire working population  of PHX?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com