Author Topic: Findawg, Fabs both possibly hurt in Gm 3  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Findawg, Fabs both possibly hurt in Gm 3
« on: May 27, 2007, 09:46:25 AM »
Findawg has an ongoing back problem, not sure how he exacerbated it Sat night.  Fabs was cheapshotted by Boozer and they'll check his hand bones after the game.
Both may be out or hampered.

Barry was horrible while Fins was out.

Spurs are now 0-9 playoff lifetime in Utah.
They don't seem to handle being up 2-0 well.
Altho they've closed evertime after 2-2 with the exception of .4

Giracheck did much better then Fisher.  Fisher being allowed his bullcrap Flagrant 3 flops again.  It aint basketball.  Yes GNob flops on contact.  Swisher initiates contact with a completely set Duncan then does his West Hollywood car accident victim routine.   Get it out.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Findawg, Fabs both possibly hurt in Gm 3
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 01:15:59 PM »
Hopefully both Fabs and Finley get back for game 4.  Both have been really solid role players.  Fabs with just pure hustle and excellent cutting.  Finley with his 3 pt shooting and defense (at times).  Fabs especially because he has been getting them alot of easy baskets.

I am so sick of flopping.  Both sides were doing it quite a bit last night and it was beyond annoying.  These guys need to stand up and play like men.  There is no excuse for guys that large to act like they were hit by a freight train after a screen or a move to the rim.  The refs started the game off well ignoring obvious flops but seemed to give up on it after the first quarter.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 02:05:18 PM »
Amen.  The most offensive to me is when one runs into the completely set screener.  Ie Fisher running into a completely set Duncan, then he does the head jerk as if he has been whiplashed at 15 MPH.  Afterwords he was reaching and holding on near Duncans crotch.  I am not making this up.

Freakin refs rung up Duncan.  Its not basketball.  To reward this garbage is stomach churing.  Adapt hockeys stance on flopping and do it NOW!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 12:32:36 PM »
Its not basketball.  To reward this garbage is stomach churing.  Adapt hockeys stance on flopping and do it NOW!

If that were to happen Manuella would have to back to selling taco's cause the wouldn't be able to play in the NBA.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »

Other careers for floppers?

Jason Collins and his twin brother would be flopping hamburgers from one side to the other at mcdonalds

Fisher would become a crash test dummy

Raja bell would change his name to taco bell and take charge of leading shifts for his squad
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 05:10:26 PM »
Tom Orsburn: Spurs' Finley looking better
SALT LAKE CITY - Spurs forward Michael Finley's sore back didn't stop him from participating in drills at shootaround this morning.  "He's getting better every day," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.
Finley logged just 17 minutes in Game 3 Saturday after tweaking his back in practice two days earlier. He appeared to move without pain this morning while participating in catch-and-shoot drills with assistant Don Newman and is expected to play tonight.

The Jazz, meanwhile, won't know until game time whether star point guard Deron Williams (stomach flu) will play.  Williams, who is averaging 30.3 points on 54.1 percent shooting in this series, was at the Jazz's shootaround but did not participate.  Williams did not talk to reporters afterward, but a couple of his teammates said they expect him to play.  "If there is any physical energy he can expend to get out on the court, he will do it," guard Derek Fisher said.  Said forward Matt Harpring: "He looked pretty good. I think he is going to play tonight."

Other notes and quotes from the shootarounds:

• Spurs center Fabricio Oberto had his sprained right thumb wrapped in ice after the shootaround. Oberto, who suffered the injury in Game 3, is expected to play tonight.

• Spur forward Matt Bonner admitted to being a fan of "The Andy Griffith Show" after he was caught whistling the show's familiar theme song while shooting free throws.  "I used to watch it when I was growing up. I've been called Opie so many times," said the red-headed Bonner.

• Just found out the name of another member of tonight's officiating crew. Joining Steve Javie will be Joe DeRosa. Javie and DeRosa worked Game 4 of the Spurs-Suns Western Conference semifinal series. That was the game in which Spurs forward Robert Horry committed a flagrant foul against Suns guard Steve Nash that resulted in league-imposed suspensions for Horry and the Suns' Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw.