Author Topic: BIG SHOT!!! how does he do it?!  (Read 1524 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
BIG SHOT!!! how does he do it?!
« on: May 01, 2007, 12:15:53 AM »
WHEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!

That was close!  and the way Tim was gettin no calls in the first half was starting to worry me.  I am glad the guys pulled it together in the last quarter and came back for the win.  I am even more glad that Horry saves his energy for the post season!!  man that was a nerve racking game for me! :-X :-X :-X :P
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: BIG SHOT!!! how does he do it?!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:28:36 AM »
He's been doing it forever.  In Houston, in LA, now in SA.   You get to the point where you expect him to hit all the big shots and cannot understand when he misses them..  Horry brings a truck load of confidence to any playoff team he is on.  When you have a guy you know can hit big shots it takes alot of pressure off a Tim Duncan or Tony Parker to have to do everything. 

Defense and experience > isolation basketball and big time scorers in this series.  Colorado has alot of awesome places to go fishing.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:37:03 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 12:35:13 AM »

Nerve racker here too Xs3.  Sweet comeback tho. :D
Fins had on off game but he hit that big one down the stretch.
Bowen played great.  i love that he is adding some O, especially that in between pull up jumper.
Parker played all in all great, had some bonehead moves, also the refs sucked in the Parker-AI battle as well as Duncan.  Still, Tim needs to move with the ball quickly a lot of the time.  That stand around crap is OLD!
But he was great down the stretch also.

Manu may have had an off game statwise, but several of his feeds to Tim down the stretch changed the whole completion of the game.  Manu is just so multifaceted a player.
Good night to all.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 08:58:54 AM »
Can you guys imagine that with 6 championships and possibly a 7th on the way, with game winner after game icer after back breaker, a majority of people don't consider him a hall of famer.  He's been delivering just like he did last night for 16 seasons and people still bristle at the notion--imprisoned by his career statline. 
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 09:11:18 AM »
Any Laker fan saw that last BIG SHOT comming from a mile away, why didn't the Nuggets?  Another one for the books in Big Shot Rob's career.

I don't know about HOF, seems like the bar has been lowered already so I wouldn't have a problem with Horry becomming a member as well as having his number retired for the LakeShow.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 10:09:13 AM »
Replay will be on the news galore, but here it is for our board.
  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6NIPO9ZhvjY 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
Can you guys imagine that with 6 championships and possibly a 7th on the way, with game winner after game icer after back breaker, a majority of people don't consider him a hall of famer.  He's been delivering just like he did last night for 16 seasons and people still bristle at the notion--imprisoned by his career statline.

Where is the puke smiley?

Is there any non-casual basketball fan out there that hasn't witnessed a Robert Horry moment in the playoffs?  He's hit some of the biggest playoff shots  in the last 6-7 years.

Thanks for the youtube Reality.  Gotta love it.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com