Author Topic: Does anyone else like the T-Mobile Commercials with Barkley and Wade?  (Read 1282 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
If you've been watching the playoffs you've had to have seen them.  I find them very entertaining.

Particularly the most recent one (I think) where they are watching old videos of Charles from his Sixer days.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Does anyone else like the T-Mobile Commercials with Barkley and Wade?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 03:03:31 PM »
Not anymore.  At first I thought the 'Is that your dad?' one was funny.  Then they played it a thousand times so I got sick of it.  Now every other commercial break I have to see the one where he is trying to sink the put to get on his top 5.  I have a sidekick (the phone Dwayne Wade has) and tmobile but I want to cancel them because of the commercials now.

Honestly the commercials are good commercials but they just play em too much.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 08:14:58 AM »
I'm with koast on this one.  The commercials are entertaining and Barkley/Wade have a good chemistry together.  But seeing the same commercial every break and sometimes twice is overkill.

The other spots I have enjoyed have been the ones featuring Red Auerbach.  Most often he is preaching some basic premise of the TEAM game and they use highlights to emphasize the point.  Hopefully there are some youngsters out there that see the wisdom in the message.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 08:48:39 AM »
The overexposure is due to the lack of advertizers for the playoffs.  T-mobile has out out three commercials, and it is likely that it cost them quite a bit for the talent.

It seems that you liked the commercials but got sick of them.  Isn't that the way with most commercials? 

Most commercials are just plain lousy.  At least these made me laugh.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 10:57:11 AM »
The overexposure is due to the lack of advertizers for the playoffs.  T-mobile has out out three commercials, and it is likely that it cost them quite a bit for the talent.

It seems that you liked the commercials but got sick of them.  Isn't that the way with most commercials? 

Most commercials are just plain lousy.  At least these made me laugh.

Of course everyone gets sick of commercials but the fact that I am really into most of the playoff games makes it worse.  Every break it seems to be a tmobile commercial.  I understand they are a major sponsor of the playoffs but it's just so damn repetitive.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com