Author Topic: Some surprises in the playoffs already!  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Some surprises in the playoffs already!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 01:02:52 PM »
How'd you like Diaws flop when Kwame gave him a light shove.
Please penalize the flopper like hockey does....

As much as that was a flop the fact that Kwame did the lazy arm shove really got me mad.  How lazy and/or dumb do you have to be to NOT box out down the stretch of a close game.  That was sooooooooooooo Kwame!
Agree he gift wrapped that one for the ref and Suns.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 01:13:58 PM »
Reality, Kobe was taken out because of energy.  At that point in the game he had been playing heavy minutes and they wanted to conserve him for the last part.  Usually he gets a rest for a while at the begging of the 4th up until the 8 minute mark but did not.
Whether or not for rest he definitely was in playmaker mode the first couple possessions he was back.
"Sold" the Suns very well that he was gonna shoot again then did a nifty bounce pass.

That bounce pass to Bynum for the dunk was executed nicely.  Nash couldn't have done it better and that is his play.  Wish he would have stayed in play maker mode but I think the team just expects him to make shots he takes.  They don't even move alot of the time which makes it that much harder for him.  Take notice of that next game in the 4th, they get the ball to him but don't really move all that much so it is hard to make a play.

Barbosa torching Smush was annoying as a Laker fan but cool to see as b-ball fan.  I've been saying it for months now, Smush gambles too much.  You gamble on Barbosa and he will get to the rim for a layup in a split second. 
Injury to insult was then fouling Barbosa for the 2+1.  Barbosa Lakers did this a couple times down the stretch.
Pet peeve of mine is NBA players doing the intentional foul but not making sure shot is missed. [/quote]

Ya the and 1 was a killer.  It is one thing to get a layup and it is another to get an easy layup with a cheesy foul.  I agree with you about making sure the guy doesn't get a chance to throw it up but with how wussy this league is getting you always have the chance of that flagrant 1.  The guy (Barbosa) is a very good player, you've got to give him props.  The speed he has is insane.  I don't know if there is a faster player in the league right now.  He changes end like no other which is why I believe the Suns would be okay if he ran the point.  Of course Nash makes the game easier with his awesome passing but Barbosa is no slouch and neither is the rest of the squad.

How'd you like Diaws flop when Kwame gave him a light shove.
Please penalize the flopper like hockey does....

Ditto on what WOW said...it was Kwame being lazy that actually sold the play more so then Diaw.  You could tell he flopped but since Kwame let his arm come away from his body it would be hard for a ref to tell in real time.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 09:56:56 AM »

Hey Skandery!

Don't know what lens prescription your on right now, old man, but what I saw was Raja Bell laying brick after brick with open threes that Nash and Barbosa were finding him for.  ...And as I click on over to the box score, I see a 1-6 from the field and 0-5 from three from our man Raja, which is actually a little better than I would have figured watching him shoot yesterday.  8)  

I really don't know how I got this impression (I guess I really do need new contacts), but I thought I saw a box score with Raja having 26 points at the half...that 40 of OE must have been more potent that I first surmised.   Sorry for the foolish claim.

-RB
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?