Author Topic: Keyboards  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Keyboards
« on: March 28, 2007, 11:28:50 AM »
Any of the new MS or other keyboard get you guys hot and bothered?

I was gonna get the full on split sides new Au Natural MS one with the hot buttons.
However now i see they have a slightly curved all together one.  Does this provide enough curvage (its like Crescent Moon angle curvage) to get the anti capal tunnel effect?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Keyboards
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 12:01:31 PM »
It is slightly curved and it actually slopes down.  It is actually more natural and comfortable for your hands to be in that position (sloped down) then it is to hold them straight.

I like the new keyboards but hate the new mice.  The scroll wheels sucks, it is slow to respond and doesn't click.  Plus the side thumb buttons are in a bad spot to where you can not just reach with your thumb to hit them.  You actually have to re-position your hand.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 12:11:41 PM »
I disagree with wk. I love new mice.  You just have to get the right kinds.  I've always found logitech's to be the exact right spot for my thumbs

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 12:34:29 PM »
I disagree with wk. I love new mice.  You just have to get the right kinds.  I've always found logitech's to be the exact right spot for my thumbs

I meant the new microsoft mice, logitech makes a few good wireless mice actually.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 05:19:15 PM »
It is slightly curved and it actually slopes down.  It is actually more natural and comfortable for your hands to be in that position (sloped down) then it is to hold them straight.

I like the new keyboards but hate the new mice.  The scroll wheels sucks, it is slow to respond and doesn't click.  Plus the side thumb buttons are in a bad spot to where you can not just reach with your thumb to hit them.  You actually have to re-position your hand.
Does the split one also slope down?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 05:26:46 PM »

Does the split one also slope down?

Not sure as we never order those at the place I work.  No one likes em except for myself.

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Forget wireless
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 01:32:04 PM »
Hey wk!

As an old-school IT professional, I do not like cordless desktop devices of any sort.  They are too unreliable.  IMO, the mouse and the monitor are the two user interface devices that are the most important for a good ergonomic environment.

And, as a matter of fact, give me an ultra high-res 21" CRT-type monitor over the LCD flat screens any day.  Yes, they (CRTs) require a large amount of desktop real estate, but the picture quality is unmatched by any LCD monitor yet made, particluarly for gaming. My son still uses his desktop PC to this day strictly because of the wildly fast video card/CPU combo and awesome monitor he has (21" Sony Trinitron).  Otherwise, he would be using his laptop (no slouch - a Sony Core Duo 2- based machine, but the video is only passable, like most laptops), as all of his other friends do at LAN parties.   I guess that's why the LAN parties always seem to be at my house!  LOL

-RB
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Forget wireless
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 03:10:49 PM »
Hey wk!

As an old-school IT professional, I do not like cordless desktop devices of any sort.  They are too unreliable.  IMO, the mouse and the monitor are the two user interface devices that are the most important for a good ergonomic environment.

And, as a matter of fact, give me an ultra high-res 21" CRT-type monitor over the LCD flat screens any day.  Yes, they (CRTs) require a large amount of desktop real estate, but the picture quality is unmatched by any LCD monitor yet made, particluarly for gaming. My son still uses his desktop PC to this day strictly because of the wildly fast video card/CPU combo and awesome monitor he has (21" Sony Trinitron).  Otherwise, he would be using his laptop (no slouch - a Sony Core Duo 2- based machine, but the video is only passable, like most laptops), as all of his other friends do at LAN parties.   I guess that's why the LAN parties always seem to be at my house!  LOL

-RB
Shaq #1

Very true about those devices, we don't use them in the office for that reason but we have them in our conference rooms.

As an ex-avid PC gamer I have to second keeping the old 21" around.  I still have mine sitting in my room but it isn't plugged in because of space/dont play PC games anymore aside from Age Of Empires 3 (which I play on my laptop anyways).  Boy do I miss the days I was heavy into Counterstrike, my 21 sony kicked backside!  I remember when people use to talk ISH on others online who were using wireless mouse because it would go out for a split second and you would get shot!

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 05:23:39 PM »
Otherwise, he would be using his laptop (no slouch - a Sony Core Duo 2- based machine, but the video is only passable, like most laptops), as all of his other friends do at LAN parties.   I guess that's why the LAN parties always seem to be at my house!  LOL

<sigh> LAN parties, I've always wanted to experience LAN parties......<sigh>  :'( :'(

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."