Author Topic: Thanks LA - couldn't even beat the Sixers!  (Read 931 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks LA - couldn't even beat the Sixers!
« on: March 10, 2007, 09:09:45 AM »
Geeze, the one time, I would have liked the Lakers to win was last night.  The Sixers have been on a tear lately, albeit against some pretty bad teams.  The Lakers haven't been doing all that well lately themselves, but with Kobe comming back off a one game suspension, you'd think he at least would have been ready to put on a show.

Well, Kobe did put on a show early,  demonstrating his superior skill in getting open looks while the Sixers were paying extra attention to him.  For a while the Lakers were even leading. 

But the best player on the floor that night, wasn't Kobe, but the man guarding him, Andre Igoudala.

The game was essentially even at the half, but when the Sixers came out blazing the Lakers couldn't keep up.  Kobe kept trying, but had no support from his teamates, who deferred to him continuously, even though he was being guarded closely, by practically the entire Sixer team.

With the injuries, the Lakers are a bad team, even with Kobe.  The Sixers are talking playoffs.  The only good thing is they play again tonight.  Maybe Indiana will beat them.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thanks LA - couldn't even beat the Sixers!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:19:56 PM »
Didn't catch the whole game as I was in Las Vegas that weekend but I do enjoy watching Andre guarding Kobe.  I don't feel like he backs down from Kobe or is even all that intimidated by him either.  Kobe also loves when Andre comes to town and feels like he is one of the better guys who guards him.  He usually gets asked about it when the Sixers are playing the Lakers and always compliments his athletic ability/defense.

Glad the crappy looking Lakers could get you guys one victory closer to the playoffs.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com