Author Topic: the nets  (Read 1513 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
the nets
« on: March 19, 2004, 11:04:04 AM »
i noticed in that new jason kidd commercial about greatness he is wearing a brooklyn jersey, but i think the nets are still wearing the new jersey uni's on the floor arent they?  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline NYCdog

• View Profile
    • Email
the nets
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 12:04:53 PM »
i noticed in that new jason kidd commercial about greatness he is wearing a brooklyn jersey, but i think the nets are still wearing the new jersey uni's on the floor arent they?

First post here.......thanks to WayOutWest for dropping me the line to this site.........

Regarding the jersey you say in the "Greatness" TV ad, you might wanna look at Kidds jersey a little closer the next time you see the ad or check your vision.......

Cause while I am aware of the fact that "Brooklyn" does end with an "N," I didnt know that "Brooklyn" started with a "J."

So I guess I've been spelling it all wrong all along.........its "Jrooklyn!" :D

All kidding aside, it doesnt say "Brooklyn,"......... it says "Jordan." The uniform is a product in the upcoming Air Jordan XIX line that's about to drop. Carmelo also has a Jordan jersey in his "Greatness" ad that was shot at the old Great Western Forum. Gary Payton and Ray Allen will also get gear in the AJ XIX line.

But the Jordan XIX uniform Kidd was sportin will probably be the best seller in the line. The uniform is the Jordan Brand version of the Retro Bulls red road uniform with "Chicago" in cursive font that Jordan used to sport in the mid 80's. Despite the jersey saying "Jordan," the uniform is a historicaly correct "throwback" right down to the 3/4ths diamond displayed on the shorts.

Its a very clean B-Ball short set, one I will have to get my hands on...............  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
the nets
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 10:27:07 PM »
What I'd like to know is where folks are getting their Lew Alcider jerseys.  Saw one at the Clippers/Laker game on Wed.  I also saw alot of Magic, Worthy and Kareem throwbacks.  The Bucks Alcinder jersey made me go WHOA!  I'd probably wet my pants if I got my hands on that!  :ph34r:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline NYCdog

• View Profile
    • Email
the nets
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 02:16:00 AM »
Regarding the Alcider jersey..........I'm thinkin Mitchell & Ness. They sepcialize in throwbacks which as authentice as you can get, but at a steep price.

When I was in Atlanta once, I stopped by there shop (I believe it was at Lennox Mall, not sure) and copped a smooth 80's Rainbow Nuggets Alex English jersey........if you go that root, like I said before, it will set you back a few huns........