Author Topic: Could the Lakeshow become a scary 7 or 8 seed?  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Could the Lakeshow become a scary 7 or 8 seed?
« on: March 07, 2007, 02:45:34 AM »
With reports of KGs demise being greatly exaggerated as last night KG did what he always does, and with a late three point exhibition being put on not from but for the Kobester, courtesy of Mark Blount, the Lakers dropped another game last night.  However, seeing the Kobesters 13-30 shooting and 3-10 treys might also have ones exaggerating the return of Kobmeball and the demise of the Lakers with puffy Kobe scoring stats.  Not so fast, as he also pulled down 13 boards and had a careeer high 8 assists. :o

So, with Lamar Odom and Radman both ready to return by the playoffs, along with Kwame gaining strength every day...
Could the Lakers drop some more games to fall to 7 or 8, only to come back to the early-midseason form that had them durn near 3rd best record in league at one point?  Can the Lakers get healthy and cohesive just in time for the playoffs?

1 Dallas 51 9
2 Phoenix 46 14
3 San Antonio 43 18
4 Utah 41 19
5 Houston 36 24
6 LA Lakers 33 28
7 Denver 29 29
8 LA Clippers 29 31

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Could the Lakeshow become a scary 7 or 8 seed?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 09:35:39 AM »
I don't think the Lakers will gel enough with all the players comming back to do damage in the playoffs.  The subs can't get the job done either in the tough WC.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:49:50 AM »
I don't think the Lakers will gel enough with all the players comming back to do damage in the playoffs.  The subs can't get the job done either in the tough WC.

At this rate I tend to agree.  With players cycling in and out of the line up so much I don't know if they will all be on the same page by playoff time.  SA, PHX, DAL are already in playoff mode, that is bad news for any bottom seed.   Odom more likely then not will not get it together by then.  Walton may have trouble adjusting again.   Ronnie Turiaf is also injured with back issues.  That doesn't include the minor bang ups like Mo's knee, Kobe's elbow and knee, Radman's finger (his shoulder is the latest injury) and Odom's knee (his shoulder is the latest injury)

One game out of 60 hardly means the ball is not moving.  Kobe is taking 7 less shots a game while improving his % at the same time.  Just because a guy takes 30 shots doesn't mean he is not moving the ball.  Kobe would have had 10 assists in the first half last night.  Did you watch the game?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:59:06 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 11:46:09 AM »
The 6-8 seeds in the west should be one & dones.  However there is a reason they actually play the games.  The Nuggets, Hornets, Lakers could all be dangerous first round opponents...all have solid teams and have had their records impacted by injuries.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 12:31:16 PM »
At this rate, I don't see the Lakers making the playoffs. 

Reality posting after a Laker loss = the sun rising in the east  :D

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 12:37:26 PM »
The 6-8 seeds in the west should be one & dones.  However there is a reason they actually play the games.  The Nuggets, Hornets, Lakers could all be dangerous first round opponents...all have solid teams and have had their records impacted by injuries.

I agree.  They probably should be one and dones but you never know.  Right now SA, PHX, DAL are so far in front and playing so well I don't see it happening though.  Just too much power in the top seeds in the west.

Potentially the Lakers, Rockets, and Nuggets could upset the teams if they play like they did during their streaks.  All have talented squads and all have matchup issues for the other teams.  I don't see anyone on DAL, PHX, or SA who can deal with AI/Melo, Kobe, or Yao/Ming.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »
I don't see anyone on DAL, PHX, or SA who can deal with AI/Melo, Kobe, or Yao/Ming.

I agree...that Yao/Ming duo is just too dominating.  Especially if that TMac character is on the floor also. :D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 12:52:13 PM »
I don't see anyone on DAL, PHX, or SA who can deal with AI/Melo, Kobe, or Yao/Ming.

I agree...that Yao/Ming duo is just too dominating.  Especially if that TMac character is on the floor also. :D

Yup, the only guy I know who really hold down both Yao and Ming is Nate Robinson.  He blocked both their shots at the same time!