Author Topic: Can you get posteized by an assist?  (Read 1455 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Can you get posteized by an assist?
« on: March 05, 2007, 11:24:07 AM »
If you go to NBA.com you can see a video of Andre Igoudala at the top of the key, threading a pass between Jason Kidd's legs to Joe Smith for an easy bucket.

Sixers are on a four-game win streak, but I think it's more the schedule then them.  Even NJ has been playing poorly of late. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can you get posteized by an assist?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »
I saw it.
I was more impressed with the off line alley opp pass he got.
Stretched him way out of position.
Yet he not only extended and got it, he slammed it.

I want Ig in a Spurs uniform.
What's it gonna take?

Why are the Sixers tanking (winning thus getting less of a chance) on the Durant-Oden lotto?

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 12:57:38 PM »
There's no way the Sixers are trading Iggy, unless Cleveland or Phoenix go crazy and try to swap stars.  I don't think the Sixers want any player on the Spurs now.

The players job is to win, and they are fighting for their jobs and careers.  It's not in the interest of the players to lay down.  Whoever they get in the draft is going to replace one of them.  The replaced player may be traded or cut.

As a fan, I know the Sixers will improve more quickly with a better pick, so I want them to get a good chance at a top lottery pick.

But unless Cheeks is told to sit certain players, they're going to win as many as they can.  Chances are no matter what they do, they're still getting a lottery pick, and their recent win streak has more to do with the schedule then anything else. 

4 in a row and Seattle next.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 02:07:22 PM »
If only they made posters of nice passes!  I don't think I have seen any save maybe one no looker from Magic Johnson.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Magic was the best passer in NBA history
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 06:00:08 AM »
Hey wk!

Don't EVEN get me started on the greatness of "The Maj-Man's" passing ability, which really WAS sick.  I used to do computer set-up/maintenance for Jamaal Wilkes of LAL fame - he told me he used to come home from practice with his face swollen all the time due to the many passes from Maj in practice that smacked him in the face that he didn't see coming.  Stockton may have more assists, but during Magic's abbreviated career, no one was better.

-RB
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?