Author Topic: Curry wants out of Isiah is fired (is this a blessing?)  (Read 983 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Curry wants out of Isiah is fired (is this a blessing?)
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:07:53 PM »
Eddy Curry has revealed that he will ask the New York Knicks to trade him if Isiah Thomas does not return to the team, according to a report in the New York Daily News.

The 24-year-old center, in his sixth NBA season, spoke candidly following a 102-90 victory in the Big Apple over the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday.
Asked if he'd be surprised if Madison Garden chairman James Dolan fires Thomas, Curry said, "Yeah, I'll be shocked. I'll be pissed. I'll be trying to get out of here."

It is worth noting that Thomas, acting as the team's president, acquired Curry in a five-player trade with the Chicago Bulls on Oct. 3, 2005.

When asked specifically if he would no longer want to play in New York if Thomas was not either coaching the team or running it from the front office, Curry told the Daily News, "Definitely. I'd be on my way out."

For Curry to issue an ultimatum seems to suggest that he has begun to embrace his role as the team's franchise player both on and off the court.

At 22-28, the Knicks are one victory away shy of matching last season's win total. One of the main reasons for the team's improved play this season is Curry, who is averaging 19.6 points and seven rebounds this season.

Last season, then-Knicks coach Larry Brown called Curry the cornerstone player of the franchise. Curry wanted to be that player, but the told the Daily News "I wasn't doing anything to deserve it."

"I didn't embrace it the way I do now," he added. "I didn't carry it the way I do now. It's like a badge of honor when somebody says 'this is your team, as you go we go.' And I feel like that's how it is now."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could this be a good thing?  Get rid of Lazy Curry while people may still want to take a chance on him?  He has improved but the thing with franchise players...they bring it every night.  He does not bring it each and every night.  If he did the Knicks would be even better then 22-28 in the Eastern Conference considering he is one the few post up players out there.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 07:09:50 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Curry wants out of Isiah is fired (is this a blessing?)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 10:14:31 AM »
I'm with you, 'koast.  Dump Thomas, and let him take Curry with him.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Curry wants out of Isiah is fired (is this a blessing?)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »
I'm with you, 'koast.  Dump Thomas, and let him take Curry with him.

It pains me to say it because I was a big Eddie Curry fan until he actually got a few years under his belt.  I've followed his career from high school and even bought into the baby shaq hype.  Problem is the only way he has ever looked like Baby Shaq is in the lazy department and even then Shaq didn't get lazy until he started to get comfortable because of the lack of competition later in his career.

If Curry wants to be traded...do it now why people still think he can be a franchise player.  Just ask help from another GM/coach like a Greg Popavich or a Joe Dumars.  No one in NY should be allowed to pull the trigger on the trade.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com