Author Topic: Official: Super Bowl discussion thread  (Read 1306 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Official: Super Bowl discussion thread
« on: February 05, 2007, 12:39:13 PM »
Wanted to hear everyone's take on the entire day.  Not just the game itself but the half time show, pre-game, and post-game festivities. For those of us who decide it is quite okay to spend 12 hours watching football related TV straight!

Anyone win or lose any money on the game?

Should the MVP have been given to the defense, the rookie running back, Manning, and the coaching staff all together?  Personally I thought everyone did their part in route for the victory.  Can't say one is much bigger then the other except maybe the defense of the Colts.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Official: Super Bowl discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 01:24:18 PM »
Thanks to the miracle of TIVO and being distracted by lots of good company and a pot of excellent chili, I really missed out on all the pregame, commercials, etc. 

As to the game I agree, there were a lot of MVP candidates.  Addai, whom you mentioned, was good but Dom Rhodes may have been even better.  The Colts O line did solid work as well.  Can we officially give Devin Hester the title of greatest return man?  I think so.   I thought the rain induced fumbles added to the game.  There's just something right about seeing sloppy games in rain, mud or even snow.

I guess I did see halftime.  I had read the Prince has been struggling with a bad hip so I predicted he would fall back on guitar playing more than his usual dancing and I was correct.  Prince may be cantakerous and half crazy but he's got talent to burn.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
I missed the 1st half
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 06:58:16 PM »
Hey wk!

Due to the almost inevitable 'interruption of service' of my TV cable connection (Time-Warner, of course) I was forced to go to a restaurant to watch the 2nd half.  It's difficult to fully immerse oneself in the Super Bowl at a restaurant - at least it is for me!

The Colts dominated the game far more than the score shows...this definitely wasn't a Rams - Titans or Broncos - Packers thriller, by any means.  It was reasonably entertaining, I guess.

A lot was made of the slew of relatively mindlessly violent commercials that attended the Super Bowl - some serious media-based national psychoanalysis is being performed due to this, especially in the left-wing blogosphere (known as the 'nutroots' (LOL) by the O'Reilly/Limbaugh camp).

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/05/business/media/05adcol.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-penner5feb05,1,4588650.story

- RB
Shaq #1
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 11:59:21 PM by Rolando Blackman »
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?