Author Topic: Props to SA for getting it done when it counted  (Read 3367 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Props to SA for getting it done when it counted
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 04:55:55 PM »
  He had a good game.  Going 5-10 on treys is not what i would call "killing" the Lakers, but it is a good game by Fins.  Do you want me to quote the number of games Barry has shot over 50% on treys for the season?  I'd rather you did.  Then give me the Fin stats.

Um, shooting 50% from behind on the arc is killing a team.  Where have you been in the last, oh say FOREVER since they put the 3 line in.  Shooting 40% from the 3 is shooting very well.  You can find all the number of games Barry has shot over 50% by making 2 of 4 3s.  That doesn't matter cuz he didn't get it done yesterday.

Really?  I thought Manus back to back treys to pull SAS to 72-76 were "pay" also.  Then Bowen hit a Duncan passout with 54 seconds left to give the Spurs the lead at 79-77.
I count the Bowen shot also.  Fin was on the bench for all three of those.

Both Manu's 3s did not come off double teams.  Reality he had 17 points off the bench.  Barry started and had 1 point.  He was also part of the defensive problem in the first half.  Almost all of Finley's shots came outside in through the course of the game.  How are Bowen and Manu going to get credit for one shot made a piece off of double teams?

That explains Odom leaving Finley to help on Duncan.  Should i also find one of your numerous posts praising Pop for running the offense non stop to Duncan while attempting to diss my calls for open flow O.  Do make a choice please.

You do realize players do things they think they should do as oppose to what the coach may want them to do?  Odom was not told to leave Finley, I can guarentee that.

You want to get away from Duncan to let others shoot, that I always disagree with.  Even last night.  Just because I think another guy should shoot doesn't mean I think the whole idea of going to Duncan should be scraped like you.  Simple logic and mathmatics tell you to give it to Duncan each and every time.  Not only % wise but because that is how the game is played the best...inside out.

He's 46% treys on the year, 3rd in NBA and 1st in FGA.  Not this game tho. 

And that is what we are talking about...THIS GAME LOL  He was 0-4 up to that point.

Bynum got the rebound and threw a pass to Radman.  All 5 Spurs were either in the key or on the otherside of the rim.  How is that a lucky bounce and also has nothing to do with Spurs defense.  As to Duncan fouling Kobe, the Spurs were up 3 with 27 seconds.  Make Kobe shoot two.  Even if he hits both, Spurs are +1 with the ball.  Do you really want to stick with the strategy that giving up a trey is okay there?

The Spurs defense collapsed to stop one of the best finishers in the game.  That is what you are suppose to do.  I don't know how simple that is to understand.  You don't give Kobe Bryant a layup or dunk no matter what.

Spurs are +1 with ball, no Duncan.  I think they would have traded Duncan being gone for 1 point.  Especially if it ended up going to overtime anyways.  Duncan was the one they were most worried about the entire game.

He tells Finley that before every game this season.  RRRrrrrrrrraugh Pop and westkoast knew that Finley was going to break out.
What is joes saying, even a blind squirell finds an acorn once in a while. 
Give us a break that it was some special insight or strategy by Pop!

Does he?  Cuz they said he made it a point for Finley, not anyone else, to attack.  Finley has had much success against the Lakers since he has been in this league.

You are so pathetic when it comes to twisting.  No matter what Pop does you find an excuse.  If Pop makes an adjustment and decides that player X is going to play more minutes...it's not special or anything.  If he feels one guy can make the Lakers pay and he does, it is not insight or strategy.....But if Phil does this to Pop it is 'owning' him.  Same with Avery Johnson.  Just admit he is one of the best in the game.  Everyone else can see it...fans, fans of other teams, commentators, players, other coaches....

In fact I think I know more about the Spurs then you do...I bet the Spurs fans co-sign me ;)

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 05:07:56 PM »
How about the point in the game where Pop "punked" Phil????  You know in the 4th quarter where Manu was eating Radman alive so Phil switched Kobe over to guarding Manu.  Even that 3-line genius Mark Jackson realized what was going on.  But then that was just pure luck by the Spurs not any great coaching by Pop (like going back to Manu again & again while Radman pretended to guard him).

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 05:57:04 PM »
How about the point in the game where Pop "punked" Phil????  You know in the 4th quarter where Manu was eating Radman alive so Phil switched Kobe over to guarding Manu.  Even that 3-line genius Mark Jackson realized what was going on.  But then that was just pure luck by the Spurs not any great coaching by Pop (like going back to Manu again & again while Radman pretended to guard him).

Actually I punked Phil Jackson and Pop...as soon as I saw the matchup I asked my roommate and brother 'Don't you think Kobe should be on Manu?  This is when they run plays for him, in the 4th'

Right now I am waiting for the Spurs to call me to offer me a coaching job.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 08:30:12 PM »

Walton was definately missed -- when Kobe went to the bench, the Lakers REALLY need his passing ability in the triangle -- without Kobe on the floor it looked like confusion.

Hey Randy!

Not only was Walton's floor generalship missed - his accurate long-range shot-making and defensive play was also needed by the LAL.  Walton has become one of my favorite players due to his over-all court skills and his UCLA heritage (smile).  Kind of like the new, improved Mad Dog!

It finally came to me who Kobme's latest offensive incarnation reminds me of - George Gervin of the Spurs' old HemisFair Arena days.  His slashing, gliding style on offense I guess is what is most reminiscent of Gervin - in truth, in every aspect of each player's respective game (other than mid-range shooting ability) Bryant must be considered the superior player. 

Ginobili seems not to be reacting as quickly and decisively (although that was a great block on Kobme) as he has in past seasons - either that, or his game has been figured out by opponents.  I'm not sure which, but Manu does not seem to be playing with the spontaneity and abandon that he has shown in previous seasons.  He can't be burnt out already, can he?

- RB
Shaq #1

- RB
Shaq #1
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 08:34:21 PM by Rolando Blackman »
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 09:05:48 PM »
Ginobili seems not to be reacting as quickly and decisively (although that was a great block on Kobme) as he has in past seasons - either that, or his game has been figured out by opponents.  I'm not sure which, but Manu does not seem to be playing with the spontaneity and abandon that he has shown in previous seasons.  He can't be burnt out already, can he?
- RB
Shaq #1
Combo of accumlated injuries, psyche damage from The Foul that quite likely prevented the 3 of 4 Championships, and he is more suited to an open flow offense, which so far this year has rarely been shown.  Opponents must be figuring some things out also.  But as you saw Sunday, when a big play needs to be made....