Author Topic: jn Eddie Griffin up for grabs  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
jn Eddie Griffin up for grabs
« on: January 20, 2007, 08:29:31 PM »
jn, can he play at all?

At this point the Spurs rebounding and forward depth is so weak could he be an improvement?

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: jn Eddie Griffin up for grabs
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 06:16:25 PM »
Griffin is a waste of time.  In addition to the many off the court problems his game is not worth the effort.  His rebounding is inconsistent, he jacks up too many three balls and he has little or no post up game.  Honestly, the only intriguing part of his game is his shot blocking and it's not like he's the second coming of Olajuwon in that regard. 

At this point I hope he ends up playing ball in some sort of puritanical country so he can avoid temptation.  Is there a league in Saudia Arabia?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 12:23:19 AM by jn »
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 06:38:37 PM »

At this point I hope he ends up playing ball in some sort of puritanical country so he can avoid temptation.  Is there a league in Saudia Arabia?

;D

What about his D?  Still decent?  Or still not worth taking a gamble on?

Reality good thing you are not a GM or scout for the Spurs.  You are really going out on the limb today and finding nothing but spoiled fruits. 

Regardless if he was in tip top shape he is not the answer to the Spurs athletic problem.  Not ever and certainly not in this stage of his career.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 07:00:44 PM »
Simply exploring bench stuff.
If you've seen the Spurs lack of rebounding and D along with the recent injury to Matt Bonner you would know what i mean.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »
Spurs are #7 in rebounding differential.  The Spurs have a deep front line that has been hit with injuries.  Duncan, Elson, Oberto, Horry, Bonner...none of these guys would lose playing time to Griffin.  Only possible big man to lose time would be Jackie Butler who spends the majority of his time on the IR.

The Spurs need an athletic swingman.  One who can defend and hit an open jumper.  Unfortunately there isn't any decent players available...especially foir what the Spurs can offer.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 10:35:30 AM »
Went to the Jazz/Wolves game last night, and I didn't see him. And the Wolves could have really used an inside presence last night. Garnett was good on the boards, but he didn't seem very assertive on offense.

Overall, that game was not fun to watch. For most of the time, both teams' offenses were SLOOOWW. And watching Mark Madsen airball a free throw brought me no pleasure. Foye had some nice moments, but Deron beat him several times, too. I just felt real bad for KG. He must be so frustrated right now. Deron Williams made Mike James look stupid so many times. And Okur just shredded Blount, and still, I thought the Jazz played crappy.

I don't know how the Wolves can keep KG, unless a ring just isn't that important to him.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton