Author Topic: OT Movie "Children of Men"  (Read 955 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
OT Movie "Children of Men"
« on: December 29, 2006, 06:01:44 PM »
Sci fi.  Women become unable to get pregnant, therefore babies stop being born.   For 27 years.  Until...... (movieguy voice).

I'm hearing the visuals and set scenes are great.
Plot leaves too many questions.

For some reason it only opened in select markets on Dec 25th.  Rest of nation Jan 5th.

If you see it give a take but put spoilers in yellow.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT Movie "Children of Men"
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 04:45:08 PM »
I'm hearing lots of great reviews for Children of Men as well.

One movie I definitely recommend is The Prestige.  It's about the obsessions and rivalry of a pair of magicians (Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale) and it's very well done.  The director Chris Nolan, who also made Memento a few years back.  Jackman and Bale are terrrific, plus Michael Caine is perfectly cast as their mentor.  Scarlet Johannsen and David Bowie are also solid. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT Movie "Children of Men"
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 01:02:33 AM »
I'm hearing lots of great reviews for Children of Men as well.

One movie I definitely recommend is The Prestige.  It's about the obsessions and rivalry of a pair of magicians (Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale) and it's very well done.  The director Chris Nolan, who also made Memento a few years back.  Jackman and Bale are terrrific, plus Michael Caine is perfectly cast as their mentor.  Scarlet Johannsen and David Bowie are also solid. 
Avoid Children of Men like the plague.
Will look into Prestige.
Do they do freaky stuff or just slight of hand logically explained stuff?