Author Topic: Are the Suns chapionship caliber?  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Are the Suns chapionship caliber?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 05:19:46 PM »
Yes, I think the Suns are a championship quality team.  They lost several games against top teams in the league (they lost to the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Jazz 2x, and Clippers.  And don't forget, they took the Jazz and the Spurs to OT in those losses).  However, it was about two games before their last (and only) loss (against Utah in OT by 3) that before Stoudamire really began to click and get back into his form.

I think the Suns have what they need to be a top team -- and I think they will challenge any team in the league.  Their schedule is pretty easy right now -- but you can't really hold that against them.  If they can stay healthy, we will get a chance to see what they are made of in Feb when they play the Spurs and Utah. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Are the Suns chapionship caliber?
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 11:20:52 AM »
Yes, I think the Suns are a championship quality team.  They lost several games against top teams in the league (they lost to the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Jazz 2x, and Clippers.  And don't forget, they took the Jazz and the Spurs to OT in those losses).  However, it was about two games before their last (and only) loss (against Utah in OT by 3) that before Stoudamire really began to click and get back into his form.

I think the Suns have what they need to be a top team -- and I think they will challenge any team in the league.  Their schedule is pretty easy right now -- but you can't really hold that against them.  If they can stay healthy, we will get a chance to see what they are made of in Feb when they play the Spurs and Utah. 

I don't know if we need to wait that long to see what they are made of in the regular season.  They are a pretty good regular season team.  When we will see what they are made of is in the first and second round of the playoffs.  Their regular season dominance has not really transfered over into the playoffs.

One has to wonder if they could have won it all last year if Amare was playing like he is now though.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com